1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2001 Ducati 748R/853RS - $7000 obo

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by nsr250man, Oct 10, 2019.

1. nsr250man

nsr250man Well-Known Member

$7000 or Best offer. Located in Greenville, SC IMG_2077.JPG IMG_2077.JPG IMG_2083.JPG
    2001 Ducati 748 R/RS w/ street legal title. Can be easily converted from track to street and back.
    Very rare Verilicchi 748 R frame w/ "916 Corse Racing" frame features. Magnesium 27mm offset triple clamps for Showa 53mm diameter forks with Ohlins internals and Ohlins Steering damper which work beautifully. Ohlins rear shock w/ TTX internals and super trick ride height adjuster bar. DucShop/Mark Sutton built a '99 748 engine into a killer 853 setup recently serviced for belts, rockers, valves, shims, half rings, and spark plugs. Makes a lot of horsepower with 50mm Termignoni exhaust system with DynoJet PCIII USB w/Ultimap fuelinmoto.com.au 748/853 Lofgren chip. Comes with Slipper Clutch with open clutch case modifications. Also comes with Marvic Magnesium wheels, STM Crankcase Breather Valve, Ducati Performance Carbon Breather Box, 996SPS Carbon Airbox, Carbon Air Runners, Carbon Gage Cluster, Carbon Clutch cover, Carbon Front Fender, a very rare Ducati RS overflow tank, and aftermarket silicone hoses. Uses Brembo radial master cylinders for front brake and clutch along with Brake Tech full floating front rotors, and Brembo 4-pad front calipers. Also has an aftermarket Italian CNC Racing clutch slave cylinder, BMC rearsets, BMC spare clutch cover and Technocel monoposto race seat. Gas Tank uses metal quick disconnects, and fuel delivery system has been inspected and serviced. Sharkskinz bodywork is very nice w/ DZUS 1/4 turn fasteners. As you can see no expense has been spared and the bike really shows its potential at the racetrack. Many other small items on the bike not listed.

Also available for sale separately are spare wheels (Marchesini Forged Aluminum rear and Marvic Penta Cast Magnesium front), 748R Triple clamps with limited edition number plate and 748R Throttle bodies with carbon airbox. Pitbull stands can also be purchased.

Attached Files:

Gino230, tigerblade, Phl218 and 2 others like this.
  2. nsr250man

Sorry, this is my first time posting, and I am new to posting photos. Will do better next time.

3. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Stunning.

GLWS.

4. Phl218

Phl218 .

5. nsr250man

Phl218; Feel free to make an offer that suits you via PM.

6. nsr250man

Ducati looks better next to my NSR300V. IMG_2556_2.JPG

rcarson15 likes this.
  7. gabriel waitman

gabriel waitman Well-Known Member

Beautiful bump. GLWS

8. africanjon

africanjon Active Member

Holy freaking jizzballs!!!!

9. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Damn that painter is good :D

africanjon and Phl218 like this.
  10. nsr250man

Come on guys, someone needs to buy this beautiful Chuck Deez painted bike! Or at least make a stupid offer on my NSR300V. I have an NSR (MC28 like on in photo) that is being built and can be available to customer spec if anyone is interested???

11. alan

alan Well-Known Member

What classes is it eligible for?

gabriel waitman likes this.
  12. gabriel waitman

What $ ballpark is the NSR300v playing in? Package deal Bump?

Phl218 likes this.
  13. nsr250man

I am not sure, I have been out of the game for some time?

14. nsr250man

Gabriel; The NSR is in the $13 - 15k ballpark since it has very rare HRC parts, and is basically a freshly refurbished machine. I would definitely consider a package deal as well. Or, I am in the middle of a street legal NSR build that will be a spitting image of my racebike pictured (whatever paint job you want), and that may be more up your alley unless you strictly want a racebike. I really appreciate the BUMP and the interest.

15. gabriel waitman

nsr250man, I was/am interested but must admit the NSR is out of my wheelhouse. I am quite sure it's worth what you say...but my budget is not that healthy at this time. Your Duc is beautiful. I am not a tire kicker but I do like to talk about great bikes. I won't waste your time but if something changes on my end, I will ring you up. Actually, I don't ride on the street. Strictly track days. I'm a little overbiked at the moment with a Ninja400, Ninja600, SRAD750 and a 2000 R1. My track day buddy has a '91 TZR250 3xv. This will get you back to the top and I wish you GLWS. Peace

16. nsr250man

Thanks, and good luck at the track. I only track ride as well. Take care!

17. gabriel waitman

Good luck Bump

18. Jethro66

Jethro66 Well-Known Member

Is the Ducati still for sale?

19. nsr250man

Thank you for your interest, Yes it is still for sale. Feel free to contact me via email and I can share my phone number. [email protected]

20. nsr250man

We are getting closer to a sale, but still for sale as I write this.