1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 Riders Looking for an Endurance Ride

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by 12pointRacing, Feb 15, 2006.

1. 12pointRacing

12pointRacing two-stroke potato peeler

Team Morse Racing consists of a two-rider sprint race team based out of Denver Colorado. Mike Applehans, WERA #25 and I, Dave Gallant WERA #311, are looking for an endurance ride in any class for the 2006 season.

We plan on attending all 2006 National Rounds (even though we need more rounds west of the Mississippi in 2007!) contesting on Suzuki motorcycles on yet-to-be-determined tires.

In the 2006 season, I won 3 regional class championships, and between both riders we finished on the podium over 30 times in the 2006 season alone. In the overall season standings, we finished in the top 5 in 10 different MRA regional classes.

[​IMG]

I (Dave Gallant) have won 6 MRA regional class championships since 1999, finished 2nd Overall and 3rd overall in MRA Middleweight Supersport in the 2004/2005 seasons, and have raced in AMA 250GP and AMA Pro Thunder in previous years.

In 2003, I rode for Team Metro Powersports on a stock SV650 to take the win at the Hallett round of the WERA National Endurance Series, riding for almost 3 of the 4 hours. I am the monkey on the left in the photo below...

[​IMG]

Mike Applehans has consistently finished on the podium in every class he has competed in since 1997 in the MRA, has competed in both AMA 600 Supersport and AMA Formula Extreme, and is the Managing Partner at Morse Racing Products (home of GP Composites bodywork and Morse Racing fairing stays...)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We have historically run GP Composites Bodywork, Pirelli Tires, EBC Brake Pads, DynoJet Products, Komodo Leathers, HJC Helmets, and Woodcraft rearsets.

Our team website can fill you in on most other interesting details, as well as a photo gallery showing our program:

http://www.TeamMorseRacing.com

As well as paying a reasonable share of the expenses, we are able to provide discounted prices on items through our contacts with the above companies. Also, we can potentially provide bodywork, paint services, fairing stays, and other Morse Racing products in exchange for a team seat for the both of us.

Please contact [email protected] or [email protected] if you have any available opportunities.

-dave

Oh, one last thing.

We taught Ben Thompson everything he knows about coming his damn hair:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:D

2. 92excel

92excel Well-Known Member

Everyone knows Colorado guys are slow. But, we do need body work for our new ZX10.:p When are you going to be done w/gixer and r6 molds so you can start on the zx10? Also, Michelin will offer a really good program this year.

3. 12pointRacing

Put up a ride and we'll make the bodywork for it. :up:

( I agree - Nicky Wimbauer is slooooow. Damn Colorado riders. :D )

4. 12pointRacing

So I guess we were too late?

5. 0hi0

0hi0 Husband Killing Tool

I'm slow, the bike is old and I'm cheap.
    How serious are you?

6. 12pointRacing

We are looking for a way to showcase our sponsors, our team, and get some track time (since neither one of us have set a wheel down on any of these tracks)

Your program may or may not work for us, or we may not work for your program, but without the details no one will ever know. :)

7. hcr25

hcr25 Well-Known Member

And your mail box is full :D

8. 0hi0

0hi0 Husband Killing Tool

Mail box is empty and you have mail!:)

9. Polar X

Polar X Well-Known Member

You really dont want these 2 guys. :eek: They are ALWAYS in the way at grid (on front row), or trying to get around you when you are racing (for the second time) And they are never,ever wait for you after the first turn. Just rude I tell ya. :beer:

10. vcr12 pit crew

vcr12 pit crew Well-Known Member

why don't you contact lone wolf...YOU PAY THEM so you can ride for the season, sounds like a good deal huh?:Poke: good luck

11. JurgenW

JurgenW Well-Known Member

You are never too late for good racing. I would know of some interesting series but the commute might be a little far ...

good luck

12. hcr25

hcr25 Well-Known Member

Jurgen, whats up? Its great hearing how well you guys are doing! Looks like Dave and i missed you in WERA by a few years.
    Mike

13. JurgenW

JurgenW Well-Known Member

Yea - another InfoTech Racing effort would be a lot of fun ... I am sure we could call up some of the old guys hehe.

Just try to find a bike and run just some of the races yourself. Get a feel for it and learn for a season and then make an attack at 2007. This way you can test some other riders for their overall match.

We are doing fine - just trying to find place to be in - europe is a zoo when it comes to racing. Very different