1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 bikes in the back of a Frontier?

Discussion in 'General' started by breakneckPace, Mar 1, 2010.

1. breakneckPace

breakneckPace Well-Known Member

Has anyone put 2 bikes in the back of a Nissan Frontier (or other mid-sized truck) before? I'm sure they would fit, but I'm curious about where to tie them down to in the bed? Normally I just transport 1 bike so it fits nicely in the middle, but once the girlfriend starts riding at the track too I'm gonna have to figure out how to keep both in there.

I know, I should get a trailer and not worry about it, and that's something I'll probably end up doing later, but I'm still curious what points you tie the bikes down to, and what better place to ask questions (and get smart a$$ replies) than the mighty beeb :beer:

2. Tiggaracing

Tiggaracing Member

Ive done it a couple times. I have 1 hook on each side (at the front) of the bed and I just crossover the front of the bikes to the other hook with the tiedowns. Just above the front fender I think, it was a few years ago when I last did it. I'll see if I can find pics, I know I used to have a couple for some reason.
    Anyways, yes it'll work.

3. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

1 bike nose-front,other bike nose-rear.

Done it lotsa times in the 95 XE.

4. GSVR 946

GSVR 946 Banned

how exactly are you loading a bike backwards into the truck...

nice sig :Poke:

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd suggest using a ramp but that's me :)

6. breakneckPace

^^^^ there's the bbs reply I was expecting.

it does seem like it would be a bit more difficult to get a bike up a ramp backwards though

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah it is harder, not a huge deal if you have help or a ramp wide enough to walk up with the bike.

8. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

I have an ATV ramp.

I never understand why people have the single-rail ramp,when an ATV ramp is what,$40-$50 more?

9. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

Done it many times in my '05. I have the fancy tie-down rack thingy, so it makes it a little easier (put a tie-down cleat right in the middle of the front of the bed).

10. breakneckPace

I've got the fancy tie-down thing as well, do you just have a strap going from the inside of the two bikes to that 1 cleat? what part do you strap the outside to? the bottom rail? or the one on the side?

11. skip75

skip75 Well-Known Member

i cross over the fronts
    you might have to run a strap thrugh the front wheel to get the line up right

12. Steve Nance #83

Steve Nance #83 Well-Known Member

Ramps

I have found it depends on the bike--nice street bikes doing this results in not so nice street bikes as they bang on each other and the ties rub spots on the paint.

As far as the single track ramp...they are much smaller and easier to carry vs a folding ATV ramp. Not a price thing always.....

13. breakneckPace

my ramp doubles as a bed extender, that's why I went with that one. but it would be nice to have something to walk up with the bike when loading it

14. robfromc

robfromc nice member

An back the truck up to a spot thats lower than where the begining of the ramp will be? Like a mound or a ditch if ones close. To level out the ramp.

15. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

my frontier is a crash truck in the southeast, and I can get two bikes in the bed. I have a version of the e-tracks mounted on the bed at the cab to have more places for tie-down anchors. Think its sport track or something, will try and find it again

Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  16. Fuzzy317

here are a few pictures of the etrack/sport track I have installed. Regular etrack was just to wide to bolt securely. 2 are as installed, 1 is the extra portion I have. Its about 1 inch wide, half inch thick and comes in 4 feet lengths. you don't have steps sides do you?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  17. Rx3

Rx3 1%

:stupid: That's how my buddy and I loaded our bikes going to Calabogie in his Frontier. You can do it with both bikes facing front too, but it's a bit harder.

18. Fuzzy317

found this one of me with 2 bikes, looking from the front sorry

Attached Files:

19. Fuzzy317

ok, its called Super Track