1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1999 Ducati 900ss race bike Evansville, IN

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by inpayne, Aug 25, 2020.

1. inpayne

inpayne Well-Known Member

Bought this bike earlier this year from a buddy who couldn’t ride on the track anymore due to some medical issues.

I’ve ridden it once on the track. I hardly have time to ride on the track anymore and don’t really have the garage space to spare for this bike.

It’s a great bike. It’s a race bike so far from perfect.

Ohlins shock
    Ohlins steering damper
    Fairly new pirelli slicks
    Vortex gas cap
    Race fairings. I believe they are sharkskins but can’t be sure. They are pretty nice quality although have some cracks from being in a low speed crash.
    Has a 1098 master cylinder
    SS front brake lines
    Brand new battery.
    Frame sliders
    Safety wired to WERA spec.

Runs perfect, starts easily. Previous owner told me it recently had new valve belts put on. (No way to confirm)
    Brakes are strong. Nice solid bike for the beginner track rider or anyone really that wants a bike with a dry clutch without breaking the bank.

It’s never been titled but has a clean origin certificate. So could be made into a street bike if so desired.

$2500

I would also trade/ partial trade/ add cash for R6 race parts. I have a fairly stock 2012 and need fairings and suspension, exhaust etc.

-Austin
    812-550-6101

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
    Killswitch likes this.
  2. inpayne

3. Buell1965

Buell1965 Well-Known Member

very cool and if i may ask what classes the duck runs in wera , thank you in advance

4. inpayne

I'm not 100% sure. Would have to consult the rule book. I never raced it.

Looks like C superbike, it looks like it just misses D class by a few CC's....

I believe the previous owner raced it in AHRMA. There may be more classes for it there.

-Austin

5. Phl218

Phl218 .

IIRC, LWT can be up to 1000 cc air cooled twins

inpayne likes this.
  6. Phl218

Phl218 .

i stand corrected:

Up to 800cc air-cooled twins

Buell1965 likes this.
  7. Buell1965

very nice and the duck is sweet wish you were closer .

8. lateapexer

lateapexer Local slow poke

LWT SB and formula 2 is up to 1100cc air cooled in superstock form btw. Plenty of classes to run

Buell1965 likes this.
  9. jswisc

jswisc Pedal Pusher

I race an 800 air cooled in CCS in ULSB, lwss, and thunder bike. Very competitive bikes and VERY light compared to competition. GLWS.

Buell1965 likes this.
  10. Buell1965

Sold and sitting in my garage . Looking forward to 2021 .

Killswitch, rk97 and JJJerry like this.
  11. Buell1965

And I might add Inpayne was a pleasure to do business with and a outstanding young man.

Razr likes this.