1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1996 gsrx leagle for V7 in 2003

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Wizard, Dec 8, 2002.

1. Wizard

Wizard Well-Known Member

in 2003 will the rules change from pre 96 to pre 97 ???

2. Wizard

Wizard Well-Known Member

gsxr even

GSXR:

3. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

4. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

?? How about a 96 GMC S-15 2wd ?? V-7 legal? :D

5. still novice

still novice Guest

Only if you can prove that its design "is like that off previous years" that are legal in that class....Or "it started life as".....
    HEY,WAIT A MINUTE HERE ! ! ! It's got a braced swing-arm! They never had that technology back then!
    I think you're $hit out of luck and gotta run that thing in Clubman.:D

6. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

The VRC has ruled there will be NO CHANGE in eligibilty for V7 for 2003. The LIKE DESIGN wording found in other areas of the Vintage rules does not apply for V7 machines.

Sorry, Wizard :(

7. krzkevin

krzkevin Member

i would suggest v5 / thats a class thats open for anything

8. triumphman

triumphman Well-Known Member

Kevin just to show you the fzr is more work than it's worth with all its valves and cyclinders im willing to run my old triumph and an old HD (at some tracks) to go for the title in v-5.I my not win it but I will bet it comes down to the wire?What do you think, lets here it.TIM

9. krzkevin

krzkevin Member

i would think you would be correct in that statement. i am slow no doubt but remmember i have one season under my belt on an old kz that was pieced together without any real knowledge of roadracing setup at all. but i am having a BLAST so i will continue my vain attempts at being fast on a 30 year old kz and chaseing fzs and unlimited exs oh and i wont forget them ol woreout triumphs that keep working there way around me somehow. come on out to texas you gonna love hallot. but i might even get to play with you if you show up at texas world...

10. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

I loved Hallet's layout but did they finally do something with that surface? It's been three years since I was there last but the impression lingers.

11. triumphman

triumphman Well-Known Member

Keven there are very few people who can be competative in there first year or two.You will find even if you don't chang the bike you will drop your lap times year after year.Stick to the same bike and in a few years you'll be da man. What do you mean wore out triumph!!!!!TIM

12. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

there not wore out, its deisgned obsolesance. they smoke and use oil when there fresh.

13. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

Trimph smoke

Actually they are doing their best imitation of a 2-stroke:D