1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1992 Suzuki GSXR 750

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by SCouch, Feb 8, 2017.

1. SCouch

SCouch Member

I had intended to build a Vintage race bike, but this project has been sitting for a few years because of a health issue I thought would be temporary. Getting to the point I could get back on, but decided I can't risk a crash because of a fragile jaw. I would like to see someone finish this out(actually it never got started), but if there is no interest, I have decided that I will part out.

If I have my story straight, it was raced from new by Scott Evans from Atlanta, I believe it was one of the local Suzuki shop teams. I purchased it from the son of the crew chief about 6 years ago. I have the title, it is safety wired and has 20,000 miles on the odometer. It is supposed to have the 771 overbore kit but I never verified this. Engine has compression and cranks over. Bike has spent the most of the last 20 years of its life in storage. I didn't crank it because of an electrical short and never fixed it, needs harness work and ignitor(cdi), been sitting around my shop over 5 years. Have nearly 2 sets of plastic and fuel tanks. Other parts include Fox twin clicker rebuilt by Computrack Boston (have receipt), Front brake calipers from later model GSXR for better braking. Brake pads, charcoal colored windscreen, 1 new set Michelin Pure Power tires. I'll list other stuff as I remember what was purchased. Non running condition, but the starter will spin the engine. Price is negotiable as to what you get.

Clean title, so it can be street ridden.

Located in Grenada, MS on I-55, About 1 hour south of Memphis TN and 1.15 hour north of Jackson, ms.

I have more than $2,000 in everything, I'll take $1,500 obo, if that doesn't work out, I'll part out. I'm open to suggestions.

If I part out, I'm asking $650 for frame, engine and wheels. I will not ship or separate engine from frame. Will include seat, foot levers and most everything except tank, oil cooler, plastic, muffler, hand levers, mirrors.

Rolling frame as in photos with title, original forks, engine and wheels $750. Includes oil cooler, muffler and all levers.

Fox Double Clicker shock $400. It is unused since being professionally rebuilt and new spring installed by Computrack in Boston (rebuild cost $300). These sell on Ebay for $350 used and $500 and up rebuilt with new spring like this one is.

New spring is rated for a 200lb rider.
    Fits:1992/93 Gsxr 600w, 1988-1995 750/750w, 1989-1998 1100/1100w.

Period correct D&D muffler in good condition. $100

New levers, wind screen and other stuff, negotiable.

ZERO GRAVITY DK SMOKE WINDSCREEN new $50

Steering damper is $75 used.

New Michelin Power Pure tires (Dual compound soft/medium) 180/55 ZR 17 & 120/70 ZR 17
    $200.

2 Fuel tanks, $100 for 1 tank, Kreem lining kit and petcock rebuild kit, I paid $100 for the Kreem and rebuild kit alone and have receipt.

$50 for tank alone, shipping extra.

2 sets original Plastic, may need paint, I think its worth $200 but make offer. I only have one shroud that goes around the headlights, it needs repair. One fuel tank and one set of plastics have a near perfect yellow paint job, I could sell this as a set.

Also, if anyone needs children's half helmets I have several in different sizes. Also have sport bike luggage, tank bags etc. I don't want to do Ebay for all this stuff, so I'll try to get photos and let you guys see what I have.

I also have a 3 set of Pit Bull stands, trailer stands, trackside(elcheapo) set of stands and other tools I'll sell after the bike is sold.

I suggest if anyone is serious to come see what I have and pick what you want, I just haven't had time to go thru everything and list what I have. I'm just throwing it out there, and if anyone is interested I'll work with you, get photos, additional info.

I had my bicycle turned upside down on top of the bike to work on it if anyone is wondering what the extra handlebars is for.

IMG_9481.JPG IMG_9482.JPG IMG_9472.JPG IMG_9474.JPG IMG_9476.JPG IMG_9478.JPG IMG_9483.JPG IMG_9484.JPG IMG_9485.JPG IMG_9487.JPG

2. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

Text me I'd like to discuss this. Eric 256-221-7529

3. gdptro

gdptro New Member

4. gdptro

gdptro New Member

Intrested in fork dampner and complete exhaust & muffler. Gary DiPietro 516-628-2162

5. Tas

Tas Well-Known Member

Hi Gary, hope to see you at NHMS this summer racing that gsxr of yours. One nice looking vintage bike you got there.

6. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Is the steering dampner rebuildable?