1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1990 GSXR 1100 For Sale

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Speedie, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Speedie

Speedie Member

http://s720.photobucket.com/user/Speediegsxr/media/1990 GSXR 1100/IMG_1353.jpg.html

$4000

3rd owner, 36xxx miles, Ct. title
    Not perfect, but in nice condition for the year
    Front fairing upper has a crack near mirror and a crack underneath
    RC component rims w/ rear cush drive 17x3.5 17x5.5
    Fox rear shock, Not sure of spring rate, No leaks
    RS 38 Mikuni
    EBC front rotors
    Braided steel clutch and brake lines
    D&D 4-2-1 header
    Fast by Gast under cut 2nd and 5th gear set done at 18K
    Recent OEM Suzuki clutch, Friction plates only

I have the stock exhaust, Competition Yoshimura header ( larger primary tubes ) Stock airbox w/ K&N filter and carbs with jet kit installed + NEW jet kit, Stock rims with rotors, Corbin seat

E-mail me @
    [email protected]
    I can send more pictures and answer any questions

ToofPic likes this.
  2. Speedie

Speedie Member

So I have to ask....
    Wrong year, Wrong color ?
    Didn't think I was too far out of the ball park on price considering condition and carbs, wheels and shock.
    Or does nobody race these anymore ?
    Comments ?

Attached Files:

3. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Looks like a nice street bike but it's been a long time since I've seen a GSXR-1100 on the race track.

4. Nobody races these anymore. Basically no class for them to be remotely competitive in. Your best bet is to go ebay and try to get $2500. Good luck with your sale!

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's pretty and I want it. That's all I've got tho.

ToofPic likes this.
  6. nhammond54

nhammond54 Hammond Brothers Racing

Man that thing brings back memories of prerace years of blasting the back roads with my buddy Walter Craig! He had one that Yosh had built for him and it was FAST! Oh the good ole' days!! LOL

7. Speedie

Speedie Member

Thanks for the input guys, After riding it on the road for the last 17yrs. I did my first track day ( After not racing since 1990) on it and realized that It was more fun on the track than the street.
    But knowing what happens when you push it too far I decided I wasn't going to be the one to turn it into a yard sale.
    Sell it on E-Bay for $2500 ?
    I'll just keep dusting it off and riding it once in awhile.

V5 Racer likes this.
  8. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Its beautiful,and hard to come by.Dont give it away!! If I didn't have soo much other shit going on I would buy this.
    It brings back great memories,and you seem to have kept it up.Keep it til I get straight,and I will buy it! :)

Speedie likes this.
  9. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

They are raced in V7HW. Eboz and Hickman are the fast guys on them. Eboz also runs the 86 in V6HW and is once again, fast there too...

10. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

Incorrect. The class for this bike is V6HW and V7HW. It is the class leader in both of those classes. V6HW is gridded in the same race as Heavyweight Twins and V7HW is gridded with B-SB. In the right hands, these old GSXR bikes embarrass the shit out of a lot of modern bikes.

Very nice looking bike. Good luck with the sale. For your asking price, you will most likely need to find the right guy to buy as a street bike.

VFR#52 likes this.
  11. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

KMC, how is it going? Holding down the DUC armada up there?

12. nhammond54

WELL....Incorrect on the V7HW....actually a 1996 CBR600F3 is the class leader in V7HW....LOL....sorry Eboz...I couldn't let that one go.

VFR#52 likes this.
  13. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

'96 CBR600F3??? You must be kidding. What a turd.

14. nhammond54

LOL!! Yeah that is why Miguel Duhamel won all those championships on it!! I can still embarrass some of the modern bikes on this thing. It is the weapon of choice for V7MW (6wins this year) and V7HW (6wins this year). And I have won 5 races on it this year in V8MW. The other won I ran, I got taken out in turn 1.

VFR#52 and ToofPic like this.
  15. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

Speaking of winning races, are you coming to Talledega next week?

16. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

This is funny. :D

17. lanehammond

lanehammond Well-Known Member

Yes the Hammond clan will be there

18. toybm

toybm Active Member

Absolutely Beautiful.

19. nhammond54

Yeah I will be there, we had a class reunion. But it got cancelled.

20. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

Speedie, not wrong year or wrong color just the wrong audience on this page. All these girly girls, apparently want bikes that turn well, don't leak oil, are water cooled and light weight. These bikes require a real man with mad, rodeo bull riding type skills. LOL Norm I'm bringing the little bike this weekend so goes easy on me. Speedie I'll share this link and see if I can't help you sell it.
    Eboz

VFR#52 and V5 Racer like this.