1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1973 CB350F for sale!!

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by adotjdot, Dec 31, 2009.

1. adotjdot

adotjdot Well-Known Member

1973 Honda CB350F for sale!! Great shape! Runs very well. No rust, solid frame. 11,050 miles. Upgraded Dyna ignition and coils. Braided stainless brake lines up front. Fit a CB400 SS 4-into-1 exhaust, looks great and sounds awesome!! New paint and seat upholstery. New battery, new throttle and clutch cables. This bike is a blast to ride. Solid classic with a hint of hod-rod styling. Clear title. Asking $1900 o.b.o. Need to sell quick!! Make me a decent offer!

Attached Files:

2. adotjdot

3. racertex

racertex vintage dude

location?

4. adotjdot

Sorry. I'm just west of Baltimore, MD.

5. Parr

Parr Well-Known Member

Can you tell me a bit about previous ownership and if you know anything about engine maintenance/freshening?

Thanks

6. footwork

footwork Honda Research Analyst

so tex- is it in your garage yet? :)

7. adotjdot

Here's a bit of history of what I know of the bike.

I have had the bike for a little under a year now. When I bought it, it came as a somewhat complete bike with a couple of boxes of parts. The guy I bought it from had obviously taken good care of it based on the condition of all of the parts. Everything was clean and in good working order. He told me that the motor that was in the bike previously had failed on him while riding so he bought a second complete bike to pull parts from. He was going to take the good motor and transplant it into his frame and get it running again. In the meantime he had the paint job done and got the upholstery done on the seat. Did a real nice job too. I was incomplete when I bought it from him and basically just needed to be re-assembled and brought back to life.

The biggest challenge for me was the exhaust. I finally ended up finding the 4-into-1 CB400 exhaust from Baltimore Cycle Salvage. Fit great and sounds really nice. Got the carbs back on, new battery, replaced the plugs and wires, put in the upgraded electronic ignition the guy gave me when I bought it and fired it up. Took me a while to sort out the carbs but I finally got it running pretty well.

So, as far as the history of the motor, I'm sorry I don't have more detail than that. But from what I can tell it seems fairly responsive. I have not done a compression test though. I did notice a slight hiccup in the powerband when I was trying to sort the carbs but getting the stock airbox back on helped a lot. Might need a new filter though.

Anyway, feel free to shoot me a call or email me at my private email. Thanks!

8. These stock motors run way better with the stock airbox. Also be sure to put come kind of brace back on those forks. The 33mm forks are pretty spindly and Honda designed the fender to help keep them stable. When not running a fender, I just use the stock fender brace. I sell a fiberglass fender that you paint and bolt right onto your stock fender brace if interested.

9. racertex

racertex vintage dude

buff,

i'm in sales mode....not acquisition.

but thanks for thinking of me.

tex

10. adotjdot

Price reduced to $1700!! Need to sell quick. Make me an offer.

11. fearj

fearj Well-Known Member

Can you ship to the Cleveland, OH area?

12. adotjdot

fearj, sent you a PM...

13. adotjdot

Resurrecting an old thread. Still looking to sell the bike. Reducing the price to $1500 obo.

14. R6addict

R6addict shaking the minds of BBS

bump for a sweet ride. I'm in dc and just bought a 75 cb400f yesterday. Do you know of any good mechanics in the area that knows vintage hondas?

15. racertex

racertex vintage dude

yo R6addict!

go talk to the boys at modern classic dc (google them).

tell em' tex sent you.

cheers,

tex