1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

17" DOT front tire recommendations?

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by uswjmc22, Dec 24, 2018.

1. uswjmc22

uswjmc22 Obfusc8

Currently running a size 90 Bridgestone slick front on my Yz85 minitard but need
    something with a much softer carcass for more flex. Thing chatters too much on big tracks
    in high load / fast corners. I have experience on other 'tards where the DOTs work a lot better
    to remove chatter. I ran a KTM250 with Conti Attack front, had no issues. Switched to a slick
    and the chassis just could not handle the increase in stiffness. Yes, the suspension is properly set
    up to handle asphalt duties and springs are correct for my weight. For kart track duties, I'm running
    Gator 12" with Mitas and have no issues at all.

I see there are plenty of 110 front options out there. What do you guys like best? Looks like
    options include Michelin 2ct, Pirelli Diablo Rosso, Dunlop Q3.
    Are there any DOT options in a size 100 width?

2. Toadmeister00

Toadmeister00 Well-Known Member

I have never tried it personally, but I have a buddy out in CA that after trying many different tires, has made the Pirelli 110/70/17 Supercorsa SC DOT (SC1) his front tire of choice.

This is on typical kart tracks so I'm not sure how it would do on big tracks. His bike is a KTM chassis (85 suspension and 2.5/3.5 wheels) with an air-cooled 2v Suzuki engine.

3. uswjmc22

uswjmc22 Obfusc8

excellent, thanks!

4. superdino

superdino Naturally aspirated twin-turbo

Wait...you run 12-inch tires and 17-inch tires on the same bike?

5. uswjmc22

uswjmc22 Obfusc8

not simultaneously :crackup:
    Have a 12" set of rims and a 17" set for the same bike.
    ATM The conti Attack SM tire is the frontrunner based on my research thus far.

superdino likes this.