1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

15 year old abortion..

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by soderholmd, Mar 25, 2010.

1. soderholmd

soderholmd Banned

Without notifying the parents. :wow:

What danger liberal thought is leading to! Not to mention public funding of abortion.........:mad:

"School helps 15 year old get abortion without mother's knowledge!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this were my kid...I would be FUMING! Supposedly, this is allowed in Washington State, a 15/yo does not need parental consent to get an abortion...however, the school got involved and arranged for it without the mother even knowing.

I just can't understand how a public school, paid for with tax dollars can arrange for something like this without parental knowledge?

Quote:
    The mother of a 15-year old Seattle girl is furious because her daughter had an abortion with some assistance from the nurses at her school and she was never informed. She only found out after the fact when her daughter had an unrelated health problem and finally revealed she had terminated a pregnancy.

The girl attends Ballard High School in Seattle which has a teen health clinic inside. The clinic is run by Swedish Medical Center and administered by the King County Health Department.

According to the girl's mother, who did not want to give her name, her daughter was given a pregnancy test at the school clinic which was positive. She was then told by the nurse that she could have an abortion at a nearby Planned Parenthood clinic without her parents' knowledge.

The girl was then called a taxi, which picked her up at the school and drove her by herself to Planned Parenthood. The mother says once at the clinic a Planned Parenthood worker discouraged her daughter from informing her parents. She claims the worker told her that if she kept quiet the procedure would be free, but if she told her parents they would have to pay for the abortion.

The mother acknowledges she signed a consent form at the beginning of the school year giving the school permission to administer health care off campus. She assumed that meant in cases of emergency. Nowhere on the form is abortion mentioned.

A King County Health official would not speak about any of the details surrounding the case, but did say that no laws were broken. In Washington State a girl of any age can get an abortion without her parent's being notified. It's one of 15 states without either parental consent or parental notification laws.

The county health official also says that schools routinely send kids in taxis when they're taken off campus for medical procedures.

Unreal.........:Puke: Is this where we are heading?!

2. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

If Planned Parenthood indeed offer the service for free in exchange for silence. that is fucked up.

3. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

Is there a link to the story or is the RWN fantasy news?

4. mtcam77

mtcam77 Well-Known Member

We're already there in California. The law here requires schools to allow girls (as early as middle school) to leave campus for "family planning" appointments, which include abortions. It also makes it ILLEGAL for the school to notify the parents. This was passed about 4-5 years ago. More recently, a measure was introduced which would have required doctors to notify parents 48 hours before there child received an abortion - it was voted down. All this in a stae where a minor can't get a tattoo without parental approval. The liberal agenda has been alive and well here for decades.

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You decide

6. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

The only problem I have with this is that the school called her a taxi. But if she paid for the ride I guess I can let that go.

7. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

So is the Law Enforcement trying to figure out who the father is/was? Is the father (donor) an adult?

I mean if we are going to have laws, we might as well enforce them all, always.

8. H8R

Well....thats fvcked up.

I guess if they can be tried as adults this must be ok.

9. soderholmd

soderholmd Banned

10. soderholmd

soderholmd Banned

THIS (AND OTHER HEINOUS THINGS THROUGH THE NEW WORLD ORDER HEALTHCARE) ARE COMING NATIONWIDE - ARE YOU LWNJ OKAY WITH THIS.........:Puke::mad:!?

This is analagous to all the shit going on behind closed doors with the Obamanator (the most pro abortion Pres ever) right now! And you just turn your back on it and say........haha.......our side won!?! Well here is a prime example.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  11. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

You're off your medecine again, aren't you?

12. H8R

He's never been on it. :D

13. soderholmd

soderholmd Banned

I'm waiting until Universal HC hits so I don't have to pay for it:D!

Seriously - as a conservative parent - this pisses me off!

14. H8R

Conservative has nothing to do with it. As a Liberal parent it would piss me off.

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Drop the politics and use caring and involved.

16. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I wonder if the state requires parental consent for tattoos? :D

17. soderholmd

soderholmd Banned

Fine - fixed it for ya........:up:

This is liberalism and pro abortion at it's finest - that should piss you off too. It's an extension encroaching on your rights as a parent. And the pro choice peeps will say you're wrong for getting angry over it. See how that political thing intertwines with your parenting thing?:(

18. Tinfoil hat charly

Tinfoil hat charly Well-Known Member

19. dannyjames1684

dannyjames1684 Ride slow homie

Why is this pro abortion? perhaps it's pro choice. the girl's 15, made an adult decision to have sex, made an adult decision to get an abortion. as someone mentioned, she could be legally tried as an adult for a crime. perhaps the mom should be more upset about not knowing what's going on in her daughter's life all around.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Do you feel it's the school's responsibility to inform you that you have a pregnant child?