1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

15+ R1 compared to 14 r1

Discussion in 'General' started by kpw, Sep 29, 2017.

1. kpw

kpw Well-Known Member

has anyone ridden the new gen r1 (15+) and also the last gen r1? I would like to know how different they feel on track, power, handling and electronics (traction control). I've ridden a 2015 r1 and absolutely loved it, but I would like to know how much better, if at all it is than the previous gen. I am an expert licensed racer and do plan to race just so you have some background. Thanks!!!

2. The 9-14 was the worst bike I ever tried to race. Fuck that thing.

Knotcher, metricdevilmoto and Odilup like this.
  3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Is this a troll post?

JustaNobody likes this.
  4. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Why gamble when you can get a race proven one. There is a B Boz R1 for sale....just say'n. :D

JustaNobody likes this.
  5. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

09-14 is a F ing pig compared to the 15+

6. kpw

kpw Well-Known Member

Thanks for input , I guess that answers the question. 15+ R1

7. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Unless you are talking about that Graves superbike one in the classified vs a bone stock 15+, this isn't really a question.

metricdevilmoto likes this.
  8. kpw

kpw Well-Known Member

Well, that is a bike I was considering. Do you have first hand experience with an r1 like that?

9. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

If your a stand up guy who can corner low, you might be able to make the 14 work. But you'll have had to attend a prominent university to afford all the parts required.

10. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

I've put hands on a real deal 09-14 R1 and the one for sale isn't it. In SS or SSTK trim, that bike is junk. Built as a proper SBK, it won a lot of races domestically and in WSBK. But, everything about a proper bike is different from the one you got off the showroom. The frame is different.

Edit: I realized that maybe the bike for sale you're mentioning isn't the Bostrom one that's been popular on here lately. If it's a real deal Graves SBK, it's a good motorcycle. I don't look at the classifieds. I think most racers would be better suited to a 15+ anyway.

Edit 2: I'm a dummy. I just looked and that R1 is one of the real ones. The tanks on those are absolutely works of art and the frames are really trick. If you HAD to have that gen R1, that's the one you want.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
  11. kpw

kpw Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feedback, Mike. The graves bike that's for sale does seem to have quite a bit to offer for the money. Would just hate to regret not going with the new gen r1. Probably splitting hairs I suppose

12. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Haven't ridden either of them, but if any of the trick parts that make the SBK work well, get broke, getting replacement parts may be difficult.