1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

$135,000 wedding cake

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by SPL170db, Jan 5, 2018.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

2. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

It is absolutely amazing how Liberals managed to twist the law to suit their agenda. Every single place of worship or org ran by them could easily be sucked into being a violator of said law.

3. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

That just makes me sad for the future of this country. We as a society have become thin-skinned, and overly concerned about other people's business. You see a normal person would say "hey you don't want to make me a cake, then I'll spend my money somewhere else". And get the fuck on with their lives. #butthurtsociety

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

It really wouldn't surprise me in the least if these 2 professional victims actually called around to several bakeries until they found one that WOULDN'T take their order so they could start some shit.

Banditracer, sheepofblue and crashman like this.
  5. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

They felt "mentally raped"..... wtf does that even mean?! I guess they were trying to get on the liberal "I was raped" train but they knew it would never happen physically?

crashman likes this.
  6. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Jesus would have baked them a cake...just sayin. However, the couple should have tossed a big ole FU back at hater cakes instead of suing for being "mentally raped"...one of them must work for the weather channel coming up with that one.

7. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I love that the "victims" cite both weight gain AND loss of appetite as part of pain they experienced from this event.

Huh?

8. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

The Christian thing to do would have been to make them a sugar free cake....just sayin'

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

They did the Christian thing by not baking them a cake. :D

10. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Personally I would have made them the cake but the treatment by Oregon is a dangerous one. So what if the baker had commented on never having done a same sex union and thus would need extra help on what is proper. Then post wedding the 'victims' decide the cake sucked and it must be because of the biased baker and sues. Either way the state punishes the baker.

11. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

On the positive side, there's probably enough money involved to appeal this up the chain.

12. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Apparently they are too stupid to come up with a valid reason to not bake them a cake, rather than saying "because you're gay".

13. ton

ton Arf!

14. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Yup. This was an intelligence test that the family failed.

15. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Fucking sweet! Going to hit the Middle East restaurant and have them make me a ham sandwich. They can’t say no, right?

16. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I never followed this case, was the cake request denied solely for them being gay or was it mostly due to what they wanted written on it? just curious.

At what point can a baker refuse business in light of this case?
    If you walk into a Muslim bake shop and ask them to bake a penis/vagina cake as a gag or bachelor/bachelorette party and they deny it, will there be outrage from the left as we have with this case? I bet it'd be treated differently.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  17. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

What a mistake going with honesty, right?

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Not exactly.

I can’t quote the scripture, but it’s pretty clear that the “judging” is only to be done by God.

19. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

They're still gaining weight, just not at their regular fast pace.

20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Good point