1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

125gp Tires recommendations?

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by Algonquin, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Algonquin

Algonquin VRRA and DOCC no.92

I am very happy with Bridgestones but am curious has anyone tried Pirellis new-ish moto3 slicks? Cheers,

2. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

If I remember correctly they were first brought in to NA in 2011/2012 so they aren't too new-ish. About 3 years ago they updated the rear tire size from 115 to a 120, and over the last 7 years the F&R compounds have been updated probably 3 or 4 times.
    Finding peeps still racing 125s in recent years is extremely tough but Jayson Uribe and Anthony Alonzo kicked ass with them at AFM races. And we were very proud that when Jayson went to the UK to ride 125s he insisted that he would run Pirellis and he was so successful he got a ride with Pirelli UK. Hope this helps.

3. Algonquin

Algonquin VRRA and DOCC no.92

Thanks that does provide a useful perspective, would SC2 F & R be about right for a 125GP bike?

4. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Use a SC1 front with a SC1 rear for racing. You can race on a SC2 rear but it's a bit slower than a 1 but it of course lasts longer.

5. Kumpy Kump

Kumpy Kump Kumpy

You should try the Dunlop tires, they are the official tire right now for Moto3. I have them brand new, call or text me for pricing, I can ship them right to your door! Kumpy 617-257-1845