1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

125 maintenence??

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by YSRkid70NC, Nov 26, 2003.

1. YSRkid70NC

YSRkid70NC Banned

I'm 13 and I want to start racing 125s i found a pretty good deal on a 1993 RS125 with alot of spares. If i'm not going to be racing really fast just more learning how often do i have to replace the top end, crankshaft, etc. and all the other engine parts??
    I've heard alot about jetting too. If the temperature and humidity are fairly the same can I just keep the same jets in??
    Thanx for the help i'm a real beginner at this:D

2. Mary#17

Mary#17 What member?

Top end - every 300-400 miles. Cost about $125
    Crank - every 1200-1500 miles. Cost about $500 (includes topend)

When I first started racing, I had a 94 RS125 and I basically ran the same jet all year. I called it my magic jet. Sometimes it was a little too rich for the conditions, but I was more concerned about learning to ride the bike then in getting the most performance out of it. Although, jet changes only take 5 minutes and are super easy, so don't let deter you.

125s are great bikes. And, I would assume that you are still fairly small, so it would be an awesome bike for you.

If your spares kit for that 93 does not include a spare exhaust and gaskets, make sure you get one. The pre 94's are notorious for breaking exhausts.

Mary

P.S. feel free to ask any other questions and you can also do a search on this forum. Also check out www.fatbaq.com. It is a good resource for 125 information.

3. YSRkid70NC

YSRkid70NC Banned

jets

what are some of the jets i should use?? (the spare list does include an exhaust:D )

4. Mary#17

Mary#17 What member?

I'll have to look at my book but I think I pretty much used a 168, 170 and 172 for the most part. You may use a wider range of jets because you are down south and have higher humidity and temperatures than we usually get in Ohio.

Mary

5. StevenJ128

StevenJ128 Well-Known Member

I hope that 93 125 isnt the one in bham, I got first dibs on that :D . I need money.