1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

114 Million for Rape

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by kangasj, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Yeah, it appears that Nancy Grace might have been the same kind of prosecutor that our own Henry Wade (Dallas County) was when he was still in office. He "got his conviction" even if the evidence didn't warrant it. Those kind of prosecutors are the kind that results in all the people that DNA evidence is finding innocent now. If I were one of those people that spent 15 or 20 years in prison while innocent I would have a well worn path to Wade's grave just to piss on it every morning.

2. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Since I don't see a smiley, I'll just say you need to work on your sense of humor or there lack of. :rolleyes:

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

It was implied. Smilies are too much trouble from the phone. My sense of humor is fine. My grasp of sarchasm even more so.

4. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Sounds like you need a new phone old man. ;)

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Got an android for personal and a blackberry for work. That is way more than enough, youngster. And smilies are still a bother on both.:p

6. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Work?!?! Did I miss the thread, congrats! :beer:

7. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

She is not getting a dime.

It goes without saying that any crime against a person including rape should never be tolerated. However, I do feel that sometimes allegations without merit is also a crime.

I believe that this lady has done a great disservice to women. I fear she is not the first nor the last. I was somewhat skeptical of her claim due to the grandeur of the supporting accusations. Just like a child she embellished to make it more believable, just like the stories children read.

I don't claim any expertise in the area of psychology or human development, but what experience I do benefit from, leads to believe that regardless of actual age, this young woman is still an adolescent that continues to play the same role without consequence and supported by adults (with agendas).

I smelled politics since first coming across this case on HBO, and some of the follow that I have done via the internet yielded writings that expressed a high level of ferocity and very little concerning the veracity of the story. BTW, for the record, I am not a supporter of mandatory arbitration clauses. At the same time, I believe companies have the right to have them. But I can change my mind on that one.

I am left with one question, where are the apologies? Do news outlets have a duty, a responsibility to follow up on the story, to revisit some of their word, to simply ask why?

I am not going to hold my breath but I do believe this is a must. I state so, not because I am compelled to see KBR/Halliburton's name cleared but because I would like to think that you or I or any falsely accused would benefit greatly from an apology from those that were the loudest.

After having watched the coverage/interview of Jennifer Leigh by Rachel Maddow that followed the vote brought forth by Al Franken on the subject, where 30 male republicans voted against, I have to ask, was it exploitation?

I would be very satisfied, if Rachel were to issue some sort of follow up coverage. Rachel is driven by perpetual hate, as she appears to me on tv and her writings. Is she not bother that she was duped, IMO, alas Al, or is the hate of other things that oppose their agenda that strong that they can play the fool?

8. positraction127

positraction127 Well-Known Member

If there's one thing the post-9/11 wars have shown us, it's that the only entities capable of corruption and inefficiency greater than the government are government contractors.

There's something to be said for the military handling it's own logistics. Now we have a bunch of corpratist fat-cats with a vested interest (and plenty of well-paid lobbyists) in making war against anyone and everyone on earth, because it enables their hoovering of tax dollars like it's going out of style.

9. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Everything old is new again.

You younger ones might look up the relationship between Sea-Land transportation company (did most of the over-water hauling to Vietnam) and Lady Bird Johnson.

10. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

If she brings a criminal charge against a party, and it is "terminated in the defendant's favor," the defendant can sue for "malicious prosecution."

I suppose the comparable civil suit would be simple defamation, but you have to show ACTUAL damages.

Attorney's fees wouldn't count, because they're not caused by the defamatory statement. Hiring an attorney is technically a choice on the defendant's part.

11. kangasj

kangasj Banned

K, I guess this is done and she isn't getting a dime. The guy mentioned in the suit is one of my room mates. He said all along just her and him had sex. He took all the lie detector tests and shit and passed them all. Really seems like the chick was going pretty crazy with her new cause and the potential money. He's a pretty normal guy. Seems to get plenty of women going the regular route (aka go to bar and pick one up)......actually, pretty quiet anymore.....has a nice girl friend..