1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

10MM Recommendations

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Jed, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Jed

Jed mellifluous

My lil ole Obama voting left leaning moderate self is in the market for a 10MM. I just think it's a cool caliber. I've got a Walther P99, Glock 27, Supressed AR and a bunch of hunting rifles / shotguns.

Got any recommendations for a 10MM? Not looking to spend an arm and a leg, but I want a nice shooter. I'm a lefty as well.

2. MrWheeler

MrWheeler Well-Known Member

I hear the 10mm will cut through any body armor and follow someone until it hits 'em.

3. cujo

cujo Well-Known Member

4. Smokes35

Smokes35 Well-Known Member

The Glock 20 and 29 are a 10mm... Glock makes a great weapon, not the best concealed carry weapons ever as there have been reported trouble with the types of safety they use, but great quality handguns.

5. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Colt Delta Elite. Think of the classic 1911A and the same overall features of the 1911A1 that have made it so popular, spitting out a 10mm rather than .45 ACP round. Had one "back in the day", when the department I worked for had a "run whatcha brung" approach to side arms. Mine was a "2nd generation" weapon; the first few hundred off the line suffered from side rail cracks. A quick manufacturing modification fixed that.

I like it because:
    a) - it fit my hand nicely and
    b) - it wasn't a Glock, which a lot of people rushed to embrace.

It has been re-introduced as the Delta Elite 2008. Just starting to hit the dealers' shops.

Some facts:
    Muzzle velocity: Approximately 405 m/s (1330 ft/s)
    Weight: 2.437 lb empty, w/magazine (8 rounds)

Discussion on the Delta Elite here: http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=1770

Similar round is the .40 cal, which we went to in 1993 with the S&W 4046 as the issue sidearm

6. nycstripes

nycstripes Meatball's Dad

Glocks have plenty of problems built into the design. The frame flexes too much under recoil and the ejectors are positioned too low on the receiver. Causes a malfunction called a Phase 3 malfunction, its a problem and I wouldn't carry another Glock until this is corrected. I won't be holding my breath though, Glock isn't moving too quickly to fix this.
    http://www.thegunzone.com/glock/phase3.html

As for the 10mm, its over kill, the 40S&W does the job nicely with the same caliber bullet as the 10mm and doesn't require as large frame to accomodate the round.
    I also like that the 40S&W and 357Sig are essentially interchangeable and use the same magazines. Some 40S&W handguns can have a 357Sig barrel dropped into them and that's all it needs to have the caliber changed.
    357Sig is anr excellent cartridge. Very flat shooting and hard hitting too.

7. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Delta Elite -- that's the one I read about some time ago. Either that or the EAA.

Glock is fine, and a guy that works for them lives near me. Just kinda utilitarian without any bling factor.

8. nycstripes

Bad rumor. Level 3A vest will defeat a 10mm slug, not sure how many broken ribs you'll suffer in the process from the blunt trauma..
    But the fact that one voted for Obama may leave you with the irresistable urge to put the 10mm in your mouth instead.:Poke:

Last edited: Mar 4, 2009
  9. Jed

Jed mellifluous

They ring door bells too for surprise effect. Very sneaky round. Gotta love fire and forget handguns.

10. MrWheeler

MrWheeler Well-Known Member

It's a gun forum joke.....

11. -Ace-

-Ace- Angelus Mortis

10mm is ok but why not just go with the FN Five Seven, have ya shot one? Absolute sex and 20rnd mags of 2050fps ecstasy :up:

12. Jed

Jed mellifluous

The 5Seven is hard to find now. When they first came out they were snatched up but now dealers have quit stocking them as the demand has died away. Thinking .357 Sig as well. I really like the EAA Witness, but hear varying opinions on the EAA quality. If it's a CZ knockoff I may as well look at the CZs.

13. -Ace-

-Ace- Angelus Mortis

14. nycstripes

I can't see paying $1000 plus for one of the Five-Seven pistols. The Obama madness is making the cost get a bit out of control.

15. -Ace-

-Ace- Angelus Mortis

yeah its crazy, i was ordering a few ar's a month and having them within a week from rra, pof, lwrc and others up until nov 4th then everyone got fuckin stupid.

Anywho the five seven might be worth the crazy hikes because it seems to be a major target for libs as its been labeled a "cop killer" :rolleyes:

I actually picked up 2 of em in sep for $800 a piece, and one last month for $850 so deals can be found out there

16. cattitori

cattitori Code SuperBike Galactic *

Colt is coming out with a new 10mm on the 1911 platform, right now. Follow up to the DE.

17. -Ace-

-Ace- Angelus Mortis

18. -Ace-

-Ace- Angelus Mortis

EAA is pure garbage, stay away !!

19. 999

999 Well-Known Member

It goes to 11...

11 mm is better.

20. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Looking at the ballistics the .357 sig has me intrigued. And you can drop in a .40 barrel in many of the guns if you want to do a change up. The 10mm factory ammo looks like it's all been watered down to .40 specs just about.

Any lefties shooting Sigs? When I bought my P99 it felt sooo much better than the Sigs.