1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

$10 bucks says..

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Dec 12, 2003.

1. 418

418 Expert #59

2. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

They can borrow Road A's POS chicane!

3. Strick

Strick Good to be king

The speedway says the track is not the problem.

What a crock

They even say that they have not made major changes in years. That is real reassuring.:rolleyes:

4. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

It's the same track it's been for years. Why is this just now a problem?

5. Wade Parish

Wade Parish North Central Hawker

:D

6. Wade Parish

Wade Parish North Central Hawker

'Cuz the bikes are getting faster.

7. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

I have to agree with the track on this one. It's up to the AMA and tire manufacturers to come up with a solution. As pointed out in other threads you don't see the catastrophic tire failures from other brands. Michelin just had a test there and didn't have any problems. The tire guys can make special tires just for Daytona as the track does abuse tires much worse than any other track on the schedule.

Just my $.02 :)

8. blueduc37

blueduc37 Well-Known Member

If it was up to the NASCAR dudes, they'd take the chicane OUT, as well as the infield.

We could just run brick hard tires w/ 300 psi.

Anyone remember the time KR rode that 680cc OW two stroke monster in the 200? 1984 I think. Once, when Yamaha had rented the track, he blew past the chicane (no hay bales) and got right at 200 mph. I rode a nearly stock GPZ750 in qualifying and got passed on the banking by that weirdo Japanese rider they had that year (Tadahiko Taira I think). Frightening. Fortunately, I failed to qualify.

9. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

That's what I was getting at and all everyone does is bash the track.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

SO why not apporach it form the other side - since th ebikes and tires have advanced to their current state - why hasn't the track kept pace?

After all, if the old tracks were really good enough they'd still be running bikes and cars on the beach.

Everything has to advance, if one part falls behind it needs to be changed. So in this equation what hasn't been changed in by far the longest amount of time?

11. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: XXXPOS

12. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

I don't think it's that easy.

13. mad brad

mad brad Guest

nascar used restrictor plates to slow the cars down at daytona and talledega. i see no problem with that in this case.

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Restrictor plants my white non hairy ass.

15. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

:)

16. mad brad

mad brad Guest

you hitting on me or som'n? :D

17. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

Yes I am, gotta a problem with it?;)

18. mad brad

mad brad Guest

no, but let's leave the lights off. :D

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Why not?

20. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Isn't this the same group of people that are compaining about pit-ins and outs at tracks we race on and say the should be cahnged. The same people that say that all armco should be removed from tracks. Those tracks were fine when bikes were slower. I am not saying it is 100% the tracks fault the tires a blowing, but it is a contributing factor. If some or all the factors can be changed then the feasibility of it should be looked at.