1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1 of 1 Ben Bostrom's AMA Superstock Graves Yamaha R1

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by Truspeed, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Truspeed

Truspeed Well-Known Member

2007 Yamaha R1

VIN: 15502
    condition: excellent
    engine displacement (CC): 1000
    fuel: gas
    odometer: 100
    paint color: blue
    title status: missing
    transmission: manual

2007 AMA Superstock Graves Yamaha R1

2007 Fully Built Graves Yamaha R1 Formerly Ben Bostrom's

Expertly Set up. Complete Graves Full Graves SuperSport build.
    Full tear down to frame in March 2015. Complete motor refresh by Graves.
    (3) 6 lap races and 4 track days on it since rebuild.

Vin. 15502 Note: The VIN Number is Ben Bosttom's race number.
    Dyno from Graves: 186 RWHP
    Aluminum 6.3 gallon endurance tank. One extra aluminum tank.
    Brand new SuperSport transmission.
    Ohlin's front (25mm) and rear - sprung for 195lb.
    Marchesini Wheels.
    Brembo Master 19x18
    Vortex clip ons.
    Graves rear-set
    2 fans attached to the radiator on indepebdent switch.
    Fully safety wired.
    Flashed for 91/U44. Will run on pump gas.
    Bill of Sale only. This bike was built by Chuck Graves and Yamaha. Its never been a street bike.Its never had a title.

Spares:
    Tons of spare sprockets, levers, bar ends.
    Extra Aluminum Endurance tank.

The bike is a 2007 Yamaha R1 Superstock bike. It's not just any race bike. It the Graves Race Team R1 ridden by Ben Bostrom. There were 4 bikes on the team that year. 2 ridden by Eric Bostrom and 2 by Ben, an A and B bike. The As were destroyed and typically the Bs are too but Jay Leno bought Eric's B bike and Ben kept his. It was later sold and I picked it up. The bike looks like it came right off the AMA circuit. It's Stamped with a 5 digit VIN consisting of Ben's number, 155, and 02 indicating the B bike. The bike was built and tuned by Chuck Graves and comes with 2 hand built aluminum endurance gas tanks valued at $7000 each. I have the VIN on the bike, a signed photo of Ben racing the bike along with a replica of the helmet he wore at the start of the season all included with the sale of the bike. The bike has been serviced and runs like it did when Ben raced it. It is a piece of history and with the A bike destroyed, now just 1 of 1. I'm selling with all the extras and both tanks.

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/mcy/d/1-of-1-ben-bostroms-ama/6297326821.html

2. ian022

ian022 Well-Known Member

I've seen this bike for sale over and over again this year. did it change hands recently?

3. Truspeed

4. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

I'm glad the ad and price were finally corrected lol

JustaNobody and Wheel Bearing like this.
  5. r6hybridd

r6hybridd Member

I wish I had the money! My stable could use a good strong thoroughbred.

6. Truspeed

7. ryanb2335

ryanb2335 Member

Interested in the bike is it still for sale?

8. Truspeed

Yes it is still available

9. Truspeed

Looking to get an adventure bike. Interested in a Ducati Multistrada or Honda Africa Twin.

10. bkeros

bkeros Well-Known Member

So I'm interested in the bike, but am curious- why has it changed hands "over and over again this year?" Unable to get parts? Difficult to ride? Some other reason(s)? I'm interested in a *rider* rather than purely a collectible....

11. Truspeed

Honestly, it’s a great bike. It’s a lot of bike, there’s no denying that but in a great way. No issues with parts. In fact, I have a bunch of new parts still in graves packages that will come with the bike. The previous owner was trying to raise money to send his son away to School and dealing with some other family stuff. For me, I’m planning a Motorcycle guy trip with some friends and don’t see myself doing as many track days this upcoming season. No reason this bike should sit.

bkeros and Josh Simons like this.
  12. bkeros

bkeros Well-Known Member

Ok great-very reasonable answer. I am interested and will be in touch.

Bill

13. Cooper#346

Cooper#346 Wera #26 expert Team Full Effect Racing

Wish I had some free cash to pick this bike up! I was next to this bike at little tally last Feb 2016 with the previous owner. And it's a really nice bike and runs even better than it looks!!

14. Truspeed

Sale pending

15. Truspeed

Well, looks like an untrustworthy eBay buyer. Needless to say, she is still available.

16. sesand

sesand Member

I'm also curious about this bike but worried about parts. While there may be new Graves parts still in packaging, what happens if there is catastrophic engine failure? Would rebuild be as simple as a used donor engine from a street bike with new dyno tuning at my local tuner shop (Maxspeed Cycle in Kernersville) or would I need to send the bike to Graves for a $10K+ rebuild due to custom ECU settings that can only be interrogated by their computers?

17. Truspeed

That’s up to you. You can use a donor engine or go the expensive route. The donor engine in this frame with all the goods like suspension, wheels, etc would still make for a great bike. As it is, this was way too much power for me. I belong on a 600 on the track.

18. Truspeed

Sale pending officially

19. bkeros

bkeros Well-Known Member

SOLD!!! Did I mention that I am losing my mind until I can pick this bad boy up in what...two weeks?!?

20. Truspeed

She’s tucked in with the heater to keep her warm. Who knew it would be nicer weather in Colorado than GA