1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1 in 535

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by wsmcrobert, Mar 17, 2009.

1. wsmcrobert

wsmcrobert Well-Known Member

2. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

Yo, that's how we roll in da 'Natti.... :up:

The people in his district ( across town ) walk the walk. :clap:

3. A man of conviction. I really dislike bills with hidden spending buried in them. I say keep the spending out in the open. If you want the money ask for it in a separate request.

4. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

So what party does he belong to? :Poke:

:Off:- Im just so happy to see/hear Dems spending our tax money, unfortunately I dont read the newspaper often enough and just found out over the weekend that our illustrious Governor(D) has just limited/capped the Homestead Rebate to those making under $75K......but hell yea, this is the party of the 'working ppl'. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Mar 17, 2009
  5. lrrs517

lrrs517 Internet Investigative Officer

Just remember that when your guy comes home with the bacon it is a 10% return on the dollar paid into Washington. Hardly anything to brag about. Actually something to be ashamed of but these pols have no clue about integrity. They should go to Washington fighting for you to be able to keep your money in your pocket but the two parties scheme on how to take as much as possible. But your money should not have been taken away from you in this withholding scheme in the first place. !% national sales tax.

6. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Aha! I was wondering why he was still just a representative after 18 years. :p

7. Tinfoil hat charly

Tinfoil hat charly Well-Known Member

Ron Paul is the only other guy to always say no...

8. wsmcrobert

I don't know how this figures into that charly.
    http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-ticket15-2009mar15,0,5775361.story
    I can see the arguments in favor of the earmarks. Ron Paul argues that eliminating them is a back door power grab by the executive branch. Maybe he is right, I don't know. He also argues that the earmarks are like a tax refund for his district. He seems to put the earmarks in then vote against them. There probably is some logic in there somewhere.

9. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Also from that link, ....."""Incidentally, some avid Paul supporters, who rallied to his cause during the presidential campaign, are hoping to draft his son Rand to run for the Senate from Kentucky next year. Rand Paul, a Bowling Green eye surgeon named for libertarian icon Ayn Rand, is considering a run if GOP Sen. Jim Bunning retires, as many Kentucky Republicans hope he will. .

Like father, like son: "We both believe in limited government," Rand Paul said."""......

I like the idea of the Paul boys making their own caucus in DC... Robert's a pretty sharp cookie, too, and will likely be heading for his own office if he decides to get out of medicine.

10. wsmcrobert

yea, i'm a ron paul supporter. can't complain much about his voting record. i don't know if just voting against a budget is enough.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2009
  11. lrrs517

lrrs517 Internet Investigative Officer

Forget issues. Vote with your wallet. Issues are something politicians use to divert your attention while the rip the money from your pocket. Kinda pickpocket style. Flim Flam artists, all of them except all 2 or 3. They must be despised in the halls of Washington.

12. Czolgosz

Czolgosz Banned

Ron or Rand Paul ftw.