1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1 bike 3 classes...opinions?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by WERA33, Dec 1, 2001.

1. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

im for letting one bike being scored in three classes. you can do this in other wera races. if someone can bump up two classes and win thats fine i think,also more participation and money for wera.

2. 512V

512V Well-Known Member

I think that if a bike can bump up two classes and win,then the rule that applies to a dominate bike in a class should be used and move that bike up.
    That is a rule that I haven't seen used.Well,that's not exactly true,I was bumped up TWO classes a couple of years ago.And I didn't even win a championship.
    Guess you need to be more careful about who you piss off.
    That rule needs to either be used or removed from the rulebook.
    I can feel it getting warm in here all ready.
    Crank it up.

3. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

The more classes you can ride in the better. I just don't understand the two race limit?

4. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

i think for most cases it would be a dominate rider. if you put mark morrow on his form-rd 350 with off the shelf pipes and 28mm carbs and let him score in form two stroke i think he may win a race or two. put me on the same bike and i get my but kicked in form-rd. the same could be said of tim joyce,these guys just hang it out.
    how about buff on the honda 350? if he raced v3 im sure he would win some races against more formidable bikes.
    the only bikes that seemed out of place this year to me seemed to bill browns tricked out de-bored yam 1200 in the harris frame in V5 and maybe huffdaddy on the fz750 in V5 at sav.

5. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

I've always wondered, how is that fj/harris thing legal for v5 anyhow?
    Scott, the guy w/ the Bull is out of town, I'll talk to him wed. and let you know.

6. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

No one is stopping you from entering a third race with the same bike. You just won't get points. So if you want to race, the opportunity is there.

The only thing about it I don't know is if you get a top three finish, do you get to keep the wood?

7. 880

880 Active Member

And now a word from the good old days,way back when WERA was called WERRA(how many remember that?)I could run my Production class RD-350 in 8 races a weekend and still score points in all 8 classes.Let the bikes run up as many classes as they are safe to and meet requirements for.I know the race directors are busy enough each weekend but if a bike and rider combo is too slow for the class black flag them 2 to 3 laps or whatever into the race.Extra points for what WERRA was. [​IMG]

8. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

rick, on my first post i did say score points. what's your opinion-points or no points?

9. YamahaRick

After thinking about it for a while, I'd say no points. Your analogy of the modern classes is not entirely correct, as they have "supersport" and "superbike" classes for each displacement group. Vintage does not have "V3 superstock" and "V3 superbike."

But, let me admit my bias ... I have three race bikes that can cover four classes, allowing me to run EVERY Saturday vintage race ... with the option of running V6 and the proposed V7 as well. If the bikes are competitve or not is a different issue.

10. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

but you can run a ss bike in sb and score points. C ss,Csb, b ss, b sb, thats four classes you could run a 600 and score. i believe you could also race in one of the formula classes.

11. YamahaRick

I agree with your reply, however, read what I stated earlier once again. IF vintage had both SS and SB classes, then running more than two classes could be OK. Since vintage DOES NOT have differing classes within the same displacement catagories (IMHO), it should not be available. Basically all vintage classes are formula classes. So it should not happen, in my opinion.

Being able to ride in a third class (without scoring points) should satisfy the need to ride more than two races. If you want points, get another bike. I think this is a fair situation.