1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1:36.2 Two Up At Barber w/Chris Ulrich

Discussion in 'General' started by Brian Van, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Brian Van

Brian Van Track Gear Retailer

I hooked Max Van up with a 2 Seat Superbike Ride with my bud Chris Ulrich for his birthday while we were at the MotoAmerica Barber round this year. Chris managed to run a 1:36.2 with knuckle head on the back of the bike which is pretty damn impressive. Back in 2016 I did this at Barber and we was able to run a 1:39 with 400 lbs or so on the seats. If you ever have a chance to do this go for it, it is pretty bad ass. Better than any roller coaster you will ever ride.

This program is a great way to generate interest in road racing. Having spent some time around it everyone who does it gets off the bike with a big smile on their face. Big props to Chris Ulrich, Road Racing World, Dunlop and everyone involved for being part of something like this!

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Phuk Dat!

G 97, Sabre699, Ra.Ge. Raptor and 4 others like this.
  3. sidepipe79

sidepipe79 Well-Known Member

I put my gf on the back of his bike and Road America. She had a blast and now understands my obsession with the feeling. Never wants to do it again, but she understands it.

4. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Mad props to chris for being able tontaken every kind of person, suit them up and be comfortable hauling ass on the track with some one on the back.

I was never comfortable having people on the back of my bike.

Brian Van likes this.
  5. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Who was on the back when he dumped it at Road America in 2018? LOL

G 97 and Wheeliest like this.
  6. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

there’s no way I could ever do it! When friends give me rides in their new cars, as soon as they start getting on it I tell them I’m going to puke all over their interior. haha

Brian Van likes this.
  7. Brian Van

Chris is one hell of a rider man. It takes some amazing bike control to be able to manage all of those different passengers on the back for sure.

G 97 likes this.
  8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Same here. I don't need anyone to get their Mario on when I'm in the passenger seat. Bikes, you couldn't have paid me enough money. Shit, I almost flipped out on my flight instructor once and I was 16. He made one turn I didn't like. I was ready to fire him when we landed. :D

9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

That's the Suzuki power son! :D

Cannoli, G 97, The Great One and 3 others like this.
  10. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

LOL, you would have shot mine. I was about 6 or 7 hours in, just before being signed off to solo, when he says "my airplane", pulls the power to zero, holds the yolk to his chest and just as the nose fell, stomped the rudder pedal. Then he tells me get us out of this or we'll die. Fortunately, exactly how to get us out of that was carefully explained to me a few days prior. Still a moment I'll never ever forget.
    Same guy a few years later, during a bi annual, pulls the power to zero and tells me to land in a simulated emergency within sight of the field.
    No biggie right?
    We were outrunning a thunderstorm and trying to get on the ground!!!
    Guy was psycho, but made me a better pilot in the end I guess.

Gino230 and ChemGuy like this.
  11. Spang308

And NO, there is zero chance I climb on the back of anybody's bike and do laps. Not. A. Chance.
    I think my GF is nuts riding with me...

track wagon and Brian Van like this.
  12. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

LOL. How did you during Unusual Attitude Recovery???

I climbed my fat ass on the back of Chris's GSXR back at Fontucky over Turkey like 10yrs ago. Passing dudes 2up in the A group with the rear spinning and also trying to wheelie...fat pax syndrome...was fun.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well, see, that was expected.

45°+ bank angle continuous turn from downwind to final, low and too close to the runway, not so much. All I was thinking was "if we make it, you're fired."

I think the only person I've ever temporarily hated more is my buddy who decided to go in reverse on the shoulder of a divided highway somewhere in the Summit Point area rather than push forward to make a U-turn way down the road. He floored it in his full-size pickup truck for what felt like 30 seconds. I wanted to punch him in the face, but I was afraid we would crash. That was awful. I almost walked several miles back to the hotel.

I don't do passenger well. So, yeah, fast laps on a bike, just kill me now.

14. Spang308

I am 100% with you there.

15. joec

joec brace yourself

How do normal not clicked up people in the industry go about doing this? Like....one of us old vintage dudes?

Brian Van likes this.
  16. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I think they do it at all the MA races, there's a fee, think the money goes to the AFF. You don't have to be connected, just sign up and pay your money I believe.

Brian Van likes this.
  17. Brian Van

The Greatest Bike EVER!

18. Brian Van

Like I said better than any roller coaster in the world. Sure I can go faster on my own, the thrill is a result of having zero control. Doing a 1:39 on the back was more exciting than doing a 1:31 at Barber on my own.

19. Brian Van

You can sign up at the track or before the event. If you want to guarantee a spot best to sign up on the MotoAmerica site before the event. If you need any help just shoot me an email before hand to [email protected] and I will help get you sorted out.

joec likes this.
  20. Brian Van

Correct, zero connection necessary.