1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

09 RS125 (40 miles)

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by makan44, Oct 8, 2010.

1. makan44

makan44 Active Member

Selling my 09 RS125.
    It has like 40 miles on it, most of it around the block.
    Never crashed or layed down.

Took it to the track once and engine seized on 1st lap 3rd turn.
    Oil injector line had rubber piece in it and starved the engine.
    Fixed under warranty by dealer, new piston & top end, oil injector, like 2 grand worth of parts/work.
    Runs like new, actually better.
    Basically a new RS 125 collecting dust.
    Never got it back to the track.
    Have title, bill of sale, paperwork from waranty repairs, all that.

I have a Ducati and a GSXR, so I just never ride this and it is just taking up space.

Will throw in $800+ worth of aftermarket parts (not even on the bike).
    Targa carbon fiber rear fender
    Targa carbon fiber chain guard
    Gilles gold rearsets
    A bunch of carb jets (like 4 sizes up and down from stock)
    Synthertic oil (injector & gearbox)

Want 4K firm
    Warminster PA
    PM or call @ 267 278-5264

pics...
    just have fairings off the bike at the moment.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Erz

Erz Well-Known Member

EDIT: Nevermind.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
  3. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

$2000 parts and labor?? WOW:wow: Good thing warranty covered it because that is really high! Tdub

4. makan44

makan44 Active Member

Yeah it was. I was just gona just fix it myself if it was just the piston. But barrel needed replaced too. Once i saw the price for genuine Aprilia parts I decided I better call the dealer. They didnt want to hear it really especially since I started to tear it down myself, but once he saw the pics of rubber chunks in the oil line he knew that should not have happened and did the right thing and covered it. Lucky for me!

But it got more love and attention at dealer then it did on the assembly line so personally I think its in better shape then it was originally as far as top end goes.

I came this far it kinda will hurt to sell it without ever getting to enjoy it even for 1 track day. Sort of go back and forth on what I should do. But if it doesnt sell I will ride it next year a few times for sure.

5. gsxr-bmxr

gsxr-bmxr Active Member

bump for a brand "newer" bike and a good dude.

6. gsxr-bmxr

gsxr-bmxr Active Member

come on people this thing is brand new and you won't find one at this price especially with the extras he's including. another bump for a friend.........

7. ropadrunner

ropadrunner Banned

i got lucky

i bought a 09 kx 65 for my son from a independent dealer an after 20 minutes the motor locked up, so i took it to a local kawasaki dealership ,they said theres no warreanty on kx models . i thought i was screwed and would have to pay 1600.00 to get motor rebuilt .the dealer found a piece of a washer in motor ,they said i should contact factory. so i did , with the help of the dealership the factory kawasaki agreed to fix it . so i thank god for that miracle ,my son is 10 and races in scminigp and got a third place championship on bike ,he also rides a nsf 100 and a nsr 50 . they say he needs to move up and that bike you have is nice ,the next level for him i wish i could afford the bike he deserves a nice bike but we must sale others first and thats hard to do , good luck it wont take long before it gone

8. GSVR 946

GSVR 946 Banned

Why isn't this posted in apriliaforum?

9. racertex

racertex vintage dude

makan44 (sean....i'm guessing),

if you had the work done at eurosports in coopersburg by bill himmelsbach, it is worth mentioning because that dude knows his stuff, especially 2strokes, especially aprilia's.

good luck with the sale.

tex

10. cshepley

cshepley New Member

Still for sale?

11. makan44

makan44 Active Member

Hell ya, been away for a while and figured i may do better towards the beginning of the season. I want to sell this baby!!!!! Before i decide to take it to the track and crash it.

Good clean bike, it got all the paerwork, and I want to sell it. Like 50 miles on it. Needs a battery probably and that is it.

Call me at 267 278 5264, leave a message and ill call u back.
    Dont answer unknown calls much, damn job recruiters allways calling me at work and shit.

Lets do this!

Thanks!

12. makan44

makan44 Active Member

Tex (mike im guessing) yeah thats who did the work!
    Nah i musent tell a lie, wish it wasa though :)
    Good lookin out anyway bud!

13. makan44

makan44 Active Member

14. makan44

makan44 Active Member