1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

08 R6 Fuel Tank Install

Discussion in 'Tech' started by sill'r B sill'd, Sep 10, 2012.

1. sill'r B sill'd

sill'r B sill'd throttle therapy

I bought a set of track glass and it came with a tank. The tank came with the fuel pump. Can I simply swap over tanks, fill with gas and go? Or should I pull off the fuel pump and install a new O-ring to make sure it's clean and dry before using?

2. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

before you "go" .. i would verify the pump primes and makes fuel pressure. I assume the 08 tank is going on an 08 bike? Other than that, just make sure the pump o-ring isn't leaking gas, but if it primes why not save your other pump as a spare.
    I also know a guy looking for one if you want to sell the 08 pump. The go for $60-100 usually. i can send you his #

3. sill'r B sill'd

sill'r B sill'd throttle therapy

Thanks for the reply. Yes, the spare 08 tank is going onto an 08 bike. Everything looks clean underneath the spare tank. I will put some gas in it, hook it up, and make sure the pump primes and makes fuel pressure before I ride away into the sunset. If I decide to part with the other fuel pump, I'll let you know. :beer:

4. RightSideUp

RightSideUp Well-Known Member

I have an 08 pump sitting here doing nothing.

5. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

pm'ing you his #.