1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

08 R6 Exhaust and gearing

Discussion in 'Tech' started by primo, Nov 9, 2011.

1. primo

primo Well-Known Member

I have a 2008 R6 for a winter project and I want to build it right. Do you guys think the M4 full SS exhaust is a good choice for this bike? Also, what gearing do you recommend for Summit point main? :confused:

2. LBC#20

LBC#20 Well-Known Member

I have that exhaust and i like it. I'm an M4 dealer as well so let me know if you decide to pull the trigger.

As for gearing I can't help you there, never been to Summit Main

3. anupe

anupe Searching for consistency

M4 makes quality stuff for sure. I haven't seen many riders/racers run M4 on the R6. It's my opinion that there are three ways to go with the R6 Akra, Leo and Graves of course. Bottom line is you can go fast on stock, if you have the skill. I prefer ti over SS. I know $$$, but you find a good deal on the Ti stuff. A full Ti orient express system goes for like $900-1K. It's coming on the holiday season and the off season deals should be coming, just be patient.

As for gearing @ Summit, 15F and 45R (-1 front and rear). Is good starting point.

Good luck with the build process and you'll have fun on that thing.

4. primo

primo Well-Known Member

Thank you anupe.

5. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

The Graves is a great choice for the R6. They probably spend the most time building their pipes for that bike, among all the brands.