1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

08-16 YEC kit ecu base maps - STK vs SS

Discussion in 'Tech' started by phatbob, May 10, 2020.

1. phatbob

phatbob Active Member

Hi,

08-15 R6 YEC kit ECU: I am unclear on what the 'base' differences are between the starting maps fos STK (coupler loop unplugged) or SS (coupler loop plugged in). There doesn't seem to be any documentation on this aside from "use for supersport", which would imply only use this on a full supersport build using the entire YEC kit parts.. but... there can be huge differences if you've used different squish etc. so Im thinking really someone has had to have already figured this out (the differences between the two starting points - or just decided to always use one of them for all their setups) - so I thought I'd ask. Are folks pretty much for example with mostly supersport / superbike engines still using the STK and just offsetting from there, or are there more material changes aside from the starting ignition / fuel values between these two maps that you are offsetting from ? In other words, aside from the baseline starting points for fuel and igntiion, any other differences ?

Are you able to (if you go to the maximum adjustment on one of them), overlap the actually used values if you go in the other direction on the other one ? Im damn curious :)

Reason I am asking is one of the bikes I have here came with a "stage 3 superbike spec' motor but tuning was offset from the STK map (no coupler loop) - so I am assuming the offset differences between these two files isn't much. or am I missing something ? Even if I have teh coupler configuration backwards I guess the question still stands....

Thx gurus

2. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

What’s in a “stage 3 SBK motor?”

Just curious. I don’t even know what stage 1 or 2 would be. When I find out, Ima build a stage 4.

racerx13 likes this.
  3. phatbob

phatbob Active Member

haha I wondered that too thats just what the guy said to me.. being enw to me I thought maybe that was a 'standard' nomenclature LoL... I def want stage 4 !

4. phatbob

phatbob Active Member

ok I looked it up on the builder's web site apparently its cams, degreed to their 'spec', valve job, ported head, valve springs, rods, pistons, bottom end "blueprint" (doesn't everyone do that anyways ?), "right" gasket thickness, ceramic bearings tumbled gears the fancy plugs and CC matching.

But still, curious on the 2 modes in the YEC ECU... what are the differences or does everyone base their maps off of one or the other, "STK" or "SS", and which one and why?

5. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Let your dyno tuner make that choice. There’s not much difference between the two. Once you adjust the maps for best power, it’s not terribly important which one you start with. Just stick with the one that’s adjusted for your build and fuel.

Don’t overthink it.