1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

07 gsxr 750 question

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Clayton White, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Clayton White

Clayton White Well-Known Member

Looking at getting my girl a bike found a deal on a forum for a 07 Gsxr 750 at a steal of a price listing says bad Ecm.
    He mentioned that he pluged in his buddies ecm and bike fired right up.

Do any of the Suzuki guys in here know if thats a common issue.
    I have a 2014 gsxr w no issues yet.
    I asked him if he might have replaced the stator or rectifier recently in cautiousness that some wiring was fried which lead to the ecm dead. no reply yet.
    Would make a awesome starter track bike for her tho.. if its simple fix

2. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

Ive never seen one go bad, for how cheap they are on ebay I'd get one and bring it with you to look at the bike. If it doesn't work , no biggie.

3. beathiswon

beathiswon Well-Known Member

Sounds a little sketchy. Who would take a big loss in the sale price of their bike for the cost of a used ECU that just plugs in? They don't even get their hands dirty. I'd pass on it.

Clayton White likes this.
  4. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

ECU was not an issue. Wiring harness was in some of them. This scenario is fishy, especially when Ebay ECUs are $200-300.

5. I've picked up a couple deals because the person didn't even have the &2-300. Picked up an exc 200 not running for $650 because the guy didn't have any money to get it looked at and no skill. I figured worst case would be $1000 to get it rebuilt. Was a plug wire :) sold it 3 weeks later for $2300 but should have kept it.

In this case I'd definitely be bringing an ecu or doing some really good inspecting before buying.

6. RedReplicant

RedReplicant Well-Known Member

I had one go bad on a 2006 GSXR750, but it's because there was water intrusion into the harness plugs that connected to the ECU and a couple of pins corroded to the point of being brittle and broke off.
    I ended up buying a FlashTune ECU and simply not sending an ECU back in for the core refund (yes, I called first to make sure this was okay).