1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

07 gsxr 600 fi light????

Discussion in 'Tech' started by freels22, Nov 29, 2008.

1. freels22

freels22 Well-Known Member

ok took the bike out for the first time since track prep. red light blinks and flashes the FI. light goes off and code goes away when you shut the bike off. doesnt come back on til you ride again. any suggestions?

2. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

did you disconnect the servo motor plug? if so there is a wire in the harness that you can pull to make the light go away. Just google it and you can find pics of the actual wire in the plug?

3. freels22

yes i did thanks. i pulled one wire but i'll double check that thanks

4. vito2279

vito2279 Well-Known Member

I am having the same prob on my 08. The first prob I had was disconecting the electronic steering damper. Once I fixed that prob the dash is now doing the FI light. I for a fact have already pulled the servo wire :(

5. freels22

looks like i got the right wires pulled but still not fixn my problem. 1st thru 3rd gear seem to be good on power but once i go to 4th seems to loose on the top and not want to pull. a little poppn at about 14grand. does anyone think it could be an oil issue? seems to have good pressure. plenty of oil, not low. also bike was wrecked when i got it. any suggestions on what to go over? thanks for any info

6. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

The FI light is designed to work with the diagnostic plug and a jumper. Just guessing randomly which item is causing the light is going to be slow going.

Jump the wires on the diagnostic plug so you can see what code number you have. It will save much time.

7. chris218

chris218 Say when................

Ground wire

Ground wire loose on your PCIII? I had that happen with similar symptoms.

8. freels22

i'll check that but i'm runnin all the bazzaz stuff. thanks for the heads up

9. freels22

how would i do that? paper clip? do i do that with the bike runnin? thanks

10. 750 dan

750 dan Well-Known Member

11. Captain Squid

Captain Squid Well-Known Member

Def get the code instead of guessing at stuff. Plug should be under the seat and it'll show you a C-XX (XX = whatever number code it is) Then you can refer to the chart. Saves headaches for sure!

12. Mad RR

Mad RR Well-Known Member