1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

07 gsxr 1000 rear suspension linkage slop

Discussion in 'Tech' started by PantyBuncher, Sep 13, 2007.

1. PantyBuncher

PantyBuncher Well-Known Member

i've seen two nearly new/low mileage 07 gsxr 1000's with slop someplace in the rear linkage. that is, if you put the bike on some sort of footpeg stands, you can then feel slop in the swingarm from it's fully extended state. pulling the swingarm up by hand you can feel the slop removed and then the shock is pressed. at the rear wheel, the slop is on the order of a couple(2-3) of mm's

is this a common for the k7 ? is there some standard fix ? no, i haven't taken it apart piece by piece to determine exactly which linkage mounting point is sloppy. i thought i'd just go for the easy fix and ask first.)

2. Tunersricebowl

Tunersricebowl Fog, onward through.

If your 2mm is felt at the south end of the swingarm then the slack at the shock is very small.
    I don't believe you have a problem, I've seen this on multiple bikes.
    I think if you remove all slack, it will create a bind somewhere else.
    If you inspect with the wheel and plastic removed you will probably find the slack builds up from multiple contact areas each with a very small amount of play.

3. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

all of my sv's have the same play. with the wheel removed and no weight on the rear end, you can feel it even more. put it all together, take it off the stands, and you can't really feel it. if i really tug on the top of the rear wheel, i can barely feel it. i'm with ricebowl, i think it'll bind if not.