1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

07+ CBR600RR Racers

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by MYZ1K, Jan 27, 2011.

1. NC Jon

NC Jon Can I change my name?

Drill a hole between the pads. I don't do this myself but a friend does.

2. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Just goop them and call it a day.

3. kiggy74

kiggy74 As useful as an...

Another tip for the 600RR (although it would work for most 600s), Try flipping your axle and inserting it from the right side instead of the left. It's a lot easier to get your rear wheel installed when you can insert the axle straight into the rear caliper carrier. Makes rear wheel installation much easier. There's no mechanical reason why the axle has to go in from the left side.

4. peakpowersports

The reason the OEM's have the nut on the brake side is that the rotating force helps keep the nut from coming loose, as its rotating in the 'tight' direction. I really should not matter too much though as we have to wire it anyways.

5. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

6. kiggy74

Thanks for the info, I didn't know that.

7. EddieCBR1000RR

EddieCBR1000RR Well-Known Member

Nice thread. I'm going to use this as reference for safety wiring my bike for this summer.

8. EddieCBR1000RR

Ohh...yeah...can you guys let me know where I can get safety wire clips - similar to the one above?

Thanks

9. NC Jon

NC Jon Can I change my name?

:stupid: What he said. For me it makes installing the wheel a lot easier.

I saw some in the specialty bins of the hardware aisle at either Lowes or Home Depot a few weeks ago. I didn't look to see what all sizes they had though. I ordered mine from www.kurveygirl.com when I was ordering some brakepads.

10. kiggy74

11. MYZ1K

MYZ1K Well-Known Member

12. EddieCBR1000RR

Nice!! Thanks a lot!! Kurveygirl seems to be a popular site all around. Cheers,

13. EddieCBR1000RR

14. RedEIKO0713

RedEIKO0713 you like noodles? fapfap

Been doing this forever for this reason:up:
    Like you said it's a non issue with the wiring anyways but the way the axle sits in the axle adjuster blocks on each side prevents it from spinning in any way? :confused:
    http://www.mcmaster.com/#safety-clips/=b1yp7l

15. peakpowersports

But not everything does or did have axle adjuster blocks. Your thinking just modern sportbikes. Think about an entire product range dating way back. F2's and F3's did not have axle blocks, I dont think the F4I's did either. Same for all the dirtbikes, crusiers and scooters. So rather than say one gets the nut on the brake side (right), they all get the nut on the brake side.

16. RedEIKO0713

RedEIKO0713 you like noodles? fapfap

So what bike are we talking about? ZZIIIIIIIIINNNNGGGG!!! :D I just got a pile of those R-clips and they sure is ta' bee's knees. As much as I enjoy safety wiring (I'm a masochist) I don't enjoy taking it off every time I change a tire or perform other rudimentary MX tasks.