1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'06 Spring Classic

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by 50Joe, Mar 5, 2005.

1. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Mongo,
    I did not attend the Spring Classic this year and by the results posted on mylaps neither did many other WERA V racers. I'll list my reason for not attending below. Maybe others will chime in. Could we possibly make a change for 2006?

I did not attend simply due to the fact that it was on Friday. I know you wanted to work around other race organizations schedules, but how many racers at JGP were participating from other groups (other than USGPRU)? I will be traveling to Daytona on Wednesday to have fun with friends and help a fellow racer out in the pits for the 200. I couldn't justify two separate trips to Florida and the extended time off work.

However, if the Spring Classic was scheduled on the Saturday (practice) and Sunday (race day) of the first weekend of bike week than I would have taken the week off, raced the Classic, then head on over to Daytona and have the best of both worlds. I bet others might do the same. Would we potentially screw up plans with a select few riders that ride in both organizations? Yes. So what I say. I still choose WERA V over all other organizations and I think we should do what the members of WERA V want.

Just my $0.02 worth.

Flame away..........

2. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

3. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

The Classic sound like a fun deal, its something I think we need to do (have a stand alone event or two) and I hate not being ready to go, but when its held through the week has nothing to do with being able or not being able to go in my case. It could be on a tuesday for all I care.

If I had a wish, I'd wish that this Vintage Jam of sorts would be held just a little later into the start of the season and in a ever so slighty more central location. Say Tally in late march.

But if we need to keep it as is, with the hope that the AHRMA higher ups pull their heads out and works with Wera on a combined event I fully understand both the timing and the location.

In any case, I'm going to bend over backward to have my shit together and support this event in the years to come, whatever day of the week its on.

Bob :beer:

4. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Practice Friday, race Saturday. That way folks at least have a chance of making AHRMA tech at AMI on Sunday. I did not make it this year because it was on Friday and work commitments precluded it. A Saturday event would have given me hope.

5. GrantMLS

GrantMLS Well-Known Member

yeah if i was ready, i would of made it no matter what day it was on but weekends are always nicer. I might of missed it, but why did Ahrma pull out of the joint spring classic? I thought the last 2 where successful??

6. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Hey Alice, I heard the 88 bike took to it to ya!! :)

7. stickboy274

He did block the crap out of me. He ran me hard for sure. I'll work harder next time.

At least I was there :Poke:

8. Vintage Bling

Vintage Bling Well-Known Member

I would say if we don't have a joint event then we should have one day between. Or have a practice day and then the race. I did both events this year. But it did kinda sucked to have to drive the 6 1/2 hours after racing all day. I talked to a lot of the ahrma guys and they would have loved to come and run the wera event but were not up to the drive. I ges I am a lot younger than a lot of them. And I heard a lot of talk about how kershaw has more sand then jennings, and that was one of the ahrma problems with jennings. A bunch of people said we should have gone to robling and had a joint event. I for one would have raced regardless of the day of the week, But like i said a day between them would have been nice. But I will race regardless. But if it came down to it I would race Wera as this is the place I run for championships with. Plus we have the best starter in the buisness, The lady starting ahrma made me mad. Brad

9. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

You make some very good points and observations, One long time Vintage racer thought Vintage should never have given up Roebling for the spring event... Many that have raced both Kershaw and Jennings felt that Kershaw has as much if not more sand as Jennings and yet has a greater chance of poor weather. I like Roebling but I also know that Jennings and Bill have worked hard at supporting vintage racing, as much as I like roebling I think Jennings should be rewarded for its efforts and hospitality...

What happened with the AHRMA starter?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2005
  10. Vintage Bling

Vintage Bling Well-Known Member

We had a second wave start and she got them all threw turn one. And we figured time to go and we were all reving up our engines ready to drop the hammer and she just kept us and we waited and waited finally i backed off the throttle because it seemed like it was never going to go green and then finally the number board turned and then she was very slow to go green. So I completly blew the start I think i was almost last into one. Then I had to start chasing. Luckley I got better starts at Jennings

11. stickboy274

Chuck and Charlotte have me spoiled also. It's hard to go anywhere else and get a good start.

12. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

I think its WERA in general. Were you in a race toward end of day sunday at Tally in Feb? Ed Bargy was starter, and I think Tony (Atspeed) was number "person" :D ;)

13. stickboy274

Yes, and I noticed. It wasn't bad, but it was different.

14. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

I agree. Plus, that's normally the days of the week we run anyway in WERA vintage. I didn't make it this time because of a lot of complications I won't bore you with, but I would make an effort next year, especially for a Saturday race.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I do plan on trying for Saturday next year - no promises but if it will work for the event as a whole we'll do it.

16. Ryan Nelson

Ryan Nelson Well-Known Member

Thanks, Mongo!
    I definitely would have made it down there if it were on a weekend. I have to conserve my vacation days for cycle jam and gnf.