1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

06 gsxr FI light when aftermarket exh is installed

Discussion in 'Tech' started by lizard 2, Mar 2, 2007.

1. lizard 2

lizard 2 Well-Known Member

Dose any one have the info on deleting the fi light or what you need to do to get it to go off when you install a pipe and eliminate the servo motor and cables?

2. Moto.

Moto. Le' Moto

there's just a wire that you snip. i don't recall which one off the top of my head - it should be in the instructions though.

3. lizard 2

The problem is the instructions i do not have the person bought the pipe off e-bay used .

4. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

clip or remove the #30 wire on the black ECM connector. i found it was easy to unplug both the black and grey ECM connector's and get at the wire. the pins on the ECM are 1-17 for 1 row, 18-34 for the other. clip (or preferably remove) it and the light will be gone when you plug it all back in and fire up the bike.

(note the ecu is the black box next to the grey box directly under the seat)

Hope this helps

5. stymie12000

stymie12000 Well-Known Member

The number 30 wire is the correct wire. It will be the black wire with yellow dots on it. It has an orange wire to the left of it.

6. lizard 2

Thanks for the help :up:

7. grich575

grich575 Well-Known Member

Hope this helps some others when they search. Finally got a scanner so here is a pic of the pin to pull:
    [​IMG]

8. T*A*R*MAC*

T*A*R*MAC* Wheelie Happy!

Is it also the #30 pin for an 06 GSX-R 1000??