1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

06 Gixxer start w/o pulling the cluch

Discussion in 'Tech' started by tazrider, Jun 28, 2009.

1. tazrider

tazrider Greenwood Racing Wera 71

I asked this a while ago but can't find the answer. If you rewire the GSXR to start without pulling in the cluch, what ECU issues have you encountered?

2. attack636

attack636 Well-Known Member

it will put the ecu into limp mode and lose a few HP

3. RocketRider911

RocketRider911 Well-Known Member

what size bike?

4. tazrider

5. PAzYearazzUP

PAzYearazzUP Banned

Is that info in the factory shop manual? Clutch safety rewire and it spits a code?

Name that code or point me to the FSM in pdf form.

Show me how you limp with a kick stand down, or a clutch pulled in then I will believe it. :crackup:

6. brand-o

brand-o Well-Known Member

The ECU will use the neutral fuel map which is bad news if you like HP. :)

7. TheJames

TheJames Feelin lucky?

and it will cut the throttle at about 85%. took me 3 race weekends to figure that out :(

8. tazrider

Thanks guys. I pulled the code (_COO) and found out thru the manual it should be (-COO) so, per the manual, I adjusted the throttle position sensor and now it reads (-COO) . Does this correct it or do I need to still need to wire it back?

Does it show a code if it's in limp mode?

9. axld

axld sinner & saint racing

wire it back, some where in the gixxer forum there is a thread how 2 over ride the map it puts u in ( btw , i ask the guy who licensed me how he did it on his race 06 600 and he said he did'nt.) oh and u fixed our herky jerky syndrome.

10. b_rymer

b_rymer Well-Known Member

is this problem just on gsxrs? ive got a 07 cbr 600rr and disabled the clutch switch. got me wondering now.

11. vito2279

vito2279 Well-Known Member

I noticed this on my bike yesterday too. I decided to leave it connected:D

12. JohnnyTheboy

JohnnyTheboy Well-Known Member

Definitely wire it back to be sure.
    I did mine and wondered how the heck everyone else got so fast.
    And also wondered why my bike turned into a flamethrower when i got off the throttle.

It was costing me about five seconds a lap.
    Did the wera barber race this year and could only manage 1:45s,then rewired the switch and just did the STT at Barber and was doing 1:40s.

13. tazrider

Thanks guys...now I guess I need to find the part that plugs into the perch. Can someone post a pic of it and the "name" so I will know what I'm talking about and looking for when I go to the shop to order it? it seems as though mine was completly removed.

14. speedjunkie

speedjunkie Well-Known Member

make a simple switch for it. what i did.

wire the wires into a switch, it tell the computer the clutch is pulled in so you can start it, then just flick it and the computer thinks its engaged while your ridding.

15. axld

theres more to it than that, in the gixxer forum ,it is explained. something to do within the switch plate ( i think).

16. tazrider

can someone post the thread again. I couldn't find the correct plug to go in there. I was
    "assuming" that if I put the wires together to start it and then take them apart after it was running then that would be the same as if I reconnect the wires to the correct plug......any thoughts?

17. axld

Last edited: Jul 12, 2009
  18. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

That is correct. Simpler fix would be just hook it up, but you can also just wire a toggle switch in. Have seen it done all kinds of ways.

Problem is, if you run off the track, have gloves on, get flustered, etc....you have to go to the trouble of doing the wire hookup deal at trackside. Why wouldn't you just hook it up correctly? Is it that inconvenient?

Part # for 07 = 57560-05A00 clutch switch. $7

19. tazrider

This is EXACTLLY what I was looking for . The CORRECT part to order. I wasnt sure what the part number/name was or if I could explain it correctly at the dealer.

Thanks for the info guys!!!!:up::bow:

20. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

When you get it done and want to map it, I'm right up the road in Hoschton. :)

706-658-0368

Rick