1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

05 Yamaha contingency?

Discussion in 'General' started by Peanut, Dec 11, 2004.

1. Peanut

Peanut Well-Known Member

Anybody heard any rumors yet about what Yamaha is doing next year for contingency?

Just trying to decide what to ride in '05..:)

Thanks!

2. r6_philly

r6_philly Well-Known Member

did you get any this year?

3. Chango Malo

Chango Malo Well-Known Member

Dude, there's a big letter about Dafan Zhang in RRW, about you racing at VIR. I read it last night. It like goes on forever. It was written by some fan you have. Starts on page 108 and jumps to 146 and then 157. Talks about "our man Dafan." and "We'll always be cheering for him." Might get you in trouble with VIR, though, when they find out you conned them for a press pass and gave it to your fan!

4. r6_philly

no, I called VIR and asked if they could get my personal photographer a press credential so they can take some pics of me from trackside, and they gave him what they gave him and refunded his money I guess. I wasn't even there, I was told to ask my photographer to contact VIR directly which he did.

how's that "con'ed" VIR? :rolleyes:

sorry I don't live up to your standards, I sincerely apologize

you know, sometimes good things happen to people if you ask nicely :cool:

5. Chango Malo

Nothing but props to you for pulling it off! The way the guy described it in the letter it sounded different.

Hey, not everybody gets fan mail published! You got a fan!

I salute you!

6. r6_philly

and how is it different? the difference between I got him a media credential to what I said above is that I found out who to call and asked him if one can obtain a media credential for such purpose and passed it on to him to get it because I was asked to do so.

Why don't you call VIR and ask how you could get a media credential and see what they say? :)

and since the first time you had something to say about me I have been wondering what I do to get on your bad side? is that I ate weird animals or something else?

No matter, you are welcome to "expose" my fraud to VIR if you so choose :rolleyes: I followed procedures and directions from 2 AMA staff and one VIR staff with an honest explanation of the purpose of this credential and you have a problem with it?

should I post emails from these staff members or you are going to say I made it up too?

7. Chango Malo

Jeez, take a compliment. I mean you no direspect and I don't care if you made some fan so happy, it's a good thing. I noticed you got a little attention and mentioned it. I didn't realize I was insulting you.

What's up, are you having withdrawal from monkey brains or something?

I'd wish you a Merry Christmas but I don't want to piss you off again!

8. Chango Malo

Hear ye, hear ye.

I sincerely apologize to Dafan Zhang for my insulting use of the words "nothing but props to you" and "I salute you."

I promise to never use such inflammatory language again, and for my penance I promise to personally apologize not only to Mr. Zhang but also to his raisen bran eating fans and to the son of his close associate, Mr. Webcrush Vella and the entire population of the area within 200 miles of Loudon, New Hampshire.

I now will leave this area in shame and will trouble you no more.

9. r6_philly

well man, you sound like my best friend. Even when he is smiling it sound like he is cynical and insulting ya lol

so if you weren't, I apologize. If you were, then I am jabbing ya back :p

It is 2:48 in the moanin, what yaaaa want????

actually I made quite a few fans that weekend. The paddock was so dead at night I grabed a complete box of beer and went and hang out in the spectator areas. Some dude was building a nice fire and I stayed around the fire and told lots of bad racing stories. I found quite a few people cheering for me when I was the last guy to get off the track :D it felt pretty good

I didn't know the guy was going to write a letter to RRW about me, I thought I got the better end of the deal, he shot some real good photos for me

well merry christmas!

but seriously, it is really hard to tell if you are sarcastic or not, so u gotta point it out

10. r6_philly

see I really can't tell :p

here comes Adam again lol I just met him 2 weeks prior, why does the world think I am closely associated with him? nevermind, I probably know the answer... I was told by others too. man this is a tough business :cool:

11. Chango Malo

Trust me, if I was on your case you would be sure, subtlety is not my thing.

I thought it was nice and was just making website conversation.

And I thought you were Adam's pal from some other thread a while back. Maybe one where I was defending his right to qualify and race with AMA or something, I can't exactly remember, it is kind of late.

Let's just leave it at, Merry Christmas, and to all a good night.

12. Peanut

Peanut Well-Known Member

Nope. The only reason I won anything was the big guys weren't there. (Hence no Contingency..:))

Bump for info.....