1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

05-06 GSXR1K cooling problems?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by TBSgraphics, May 31, 2006.

1. TBSgraphics

TBSgraphics Well-Known Member

Ok, I been told this by a few people racing AMA level, not sure what to believe,

I was told that after changing the cooling fuilds(water/coolent and such) that the 05-06 gsxr1K can trap bubbles in the system and cause the pump to unprime(traps the bubble in the pump) causing a heating rpoblem, and at speed it's only a few moments till its all over.....

anyone else hear this? how do you pervent or correct it?

:confused:

2. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

yep

They will do this after the system has been emptied. The best way to refill and make sure system is full is to have bike running with Radiator cap off, lean bike overas far as you can so all air can escape, whilst you are trickling the water into the system, if you think it is now full, turn off motor and atch it burp out more Air, and then just repeat a couple of times.

You can shortcut this process by looking at your thermostat housing, there is an 8mm bleed screw in the housing that should be undone to let the air escape as you are trickling the water in. Hope that helps

3. HFD1Motorsports

HFD1Motorsports BIKE TUNA

I drill a 1/8 hole in the top of the thermostat and run the bike and all the air is purged out while running