1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

05 06 636 engine

Discussion in 'Wanted to buy or trade' started by thebrieldeal, Jun 21, 2018.

1. thebrieldeal

thebrieldeal Active Member

I am in the market for a complete engine. Can have some transmission issues like needing 2nd gear fixed but nothing with bearings going.

Would prefer stock as compared to the saturday night special superbike builds.

2. Jay vaughan

Jay vaughan Active Member

I've got an 03/04 engine if that will work. Also have a zx6rr head incase you want to squeeze a fair bit more power out of it.

3. thebrieldeal

I am not opposed but I haven't gotten clear cut info on if it actually drops in. I am actually kind of frustrated with how little knowledge there is on this bike being as old as it is. I bought them because it should have been fairly easy to aquire parts and upgrade them.

So far this hasn't been the case.

Curious about the head. Other than the RR having the kit cams installed, what else is done?

4. _indy

_indy Well-Known Member

5. Jay vaughan

Jay vaughan Active Member

It's a new takeoff head. Team kawasaki removed it and installed a fully built RR head on the bike raced at the time. That's about all I know about the head.

6. thebrieldeal

Yeah, actually joined it. I've tried looking around to surface tech info and not gotten a bunch.

I'm looking to really develop these things as a "cheap" superbike. I'm too old to worry about re-chasing my dreams and I got way farther as a mechanic racing than I did riding. I just happened to switch to medicine for over a decade and came back to bikes this year. Super behind on tech and advancements.

I'll get there eventually. Couldn't believe no one even makes or has made cams for these things ever or at all. Apparently the factory stuff is as good as it gets anymore.

7. thebrieldeal

I'll do some research and get back to you. PM me a price on what you'd like to get out of your stuff. Please and thank you.