1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

03 SV650S Fork Internals

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Chango, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Chango

Chango Something clever!

According to the Race Tech website there are two different sizes of fork bushings depending on whether you're riding an S or an N, and it is also dependent upon which year the bike is, including different brands of forks (KYB vs Showa). According to the Race Tech website one must measure the bushings themselves to determine which size is needed. The bike has 23xxx miles on it on (most likely) stock internals, so it's way past time for a rebuild, plus I have some shiny cartridges to install anyway, so I'm just trying to figure out exactly what I need before I start tearing it apart. That said, I haven't seen any other website that says the same thing about different bushings depending on which model/year of bike you have.

Is there an external way to figure out which bushings I will need? Is the Race Tech website incorrect?

2. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

If you don't get an an answer here, ask over at TWF.

3. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

KYB vs Showa is 1st gen vs 2nd gen. Your 03 is 2nd gen so you need 2nd gen (Showa) bushings.
    I am not aware of different bushings between N and S model. Both have same part number.

metricdevilmoto likes this.
  4. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Thank you! That was what I was thinking, based on the research I had already done. And like I said, the Race Tech site was the only one listing any differences at all when I searched based on the bike being an 03. I hadn't thought of checking the Suzuki parts fiches to compare part numbers though. That would have been too easy. Duh.

Thanks again!