1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

03 SV frame sliders

Discussion in 'Tech' started by jkraft, Feb 23, 2004.

1. jkraft

jkraft Well-Known Member

Anyone have any recommendations? Ease of installation, appearance, location, strength?

2. SV81

SV81 Steeler Hater

www.motosliders.com

I called and the person that answered said there was a waiting list. They look nice, mount to the engine bolt mounts and they are long. They told me to email him with what I wanted. His name is Nate and he apparently races the SV also from what I am told.

3. SV81

SV81 Steeler Hater

Just mounted the VORTEX Sliders. Fairly easy, but the damn curves and creases in the 03 body work made me dick up the right side. That was the first side. The left looks pretty decent. Zinnged it with a 2inch wholesaw bit then used the dremel sander bit to round it out and smooth it off a little.

4. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Can you take some pictures when you have a chance if you don't mind? Was this on Sharkskinz bodywork?

Thanks.

5. SV81

SV81 Steeler Hater

Yeah, I will get some pics..uh, of the left side. (WE will leave the right side unphotographed :) It was on skinz. They mount on the forward bolts. They are the longer ones. The two rears are too short and the center goes all the way thru. Pretty easy to mount, but I was in prehistoric conditions. The angles and creases of the skinz made cutting a little difficult. basically I just outlined the metal part of the slider and lined the wholesaw bit up on that. No place, that I found, to center punch a small hole for the bit to start in. I would say they stick out maybe an inch to inch and a half from the plastic. Dont knock me for prettyness....I am not that good with this stuff.

6. SV81

SV81 Steeler Hater

Thats why Speedwerks does my work :)

7. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Alright, cool. Thanks for the info.

8. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Steve's a cool guy. :)

9. SV81

SV81 Steeler Hater

yeah, he is. He spoke of you when I was just up there...good things of course.

10. SV81

SV81 Steeler Hater

we will try the pic here.

Attached Files:

11. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Cool, thanks!