1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

03 R6 clip ons and triple tree help

Discussion in 'Tech' started by silveryamaha, Sep 27, 2008.

1. silveryamaha

silveryamaha Member

hey im running stock set up on my 03 R6 for my bars and i want to change them to clip ons ... so what do i do the current set up has the bars above the tree and ive seen the clipons below the tree which i think is to low so what do i do?? what brands do u recommend and can u share pics of your set up thanks..

2. silveryamaha

silveryamaha Member

Help please

3. Yeah, help. I'm interested as well. Bump

4. Matt399

Matt399 Well-Known Member

I don't have aftermarket clipons but most of the bikes I've seen with them have them mounted below the triple. I moved my stock ones below the triple and it felt much better, so I say go low. I had no issues with clearing the bodywork (04 R6 w/ hotbodies).

5. silveryamaha

silveryamaha Member

bumpity bump

6. dusty20

dusty20 #97 North Central Ex.

I have the Vortex 43mm clip ons. I left the forks at the same height in the triples as if the clip ons were mounted on top but I mounted them below. It looks like you have a lot of fork sticking out of the top but all is good as long as you didn't move the lowers. I tried them both ways actually and I felt like the front end had a little more weight on it and felt more planted through corners. Personal prefference.

7. silveryamaha

silveryamaha Member

cool anyone else have an opinion or suggestions

8. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

i have gilles 0 degree on my 04 r6. the bottom of the throttle cables rub on the e-racing body a bit. i also had to add longer brake master cylinder hose because of the clipons being a bit further down. other than that, all is good.

9. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

I think woodcraft just started to make clipons with different rise.not sure if they have your application.