1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'02 KTM 520 SuperMoto ?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by cullen33, May 30, 2004.

1. cullen33

cullen33 Mid Life Racing #169

Hey KTM'ers,
    Just bought an '02 520 SX, with absolutely no hours that I want to set up for Super Moto.
    1) Does anyone know for sure if the factory kit stuff for the 525 will work on the 520? I found a brand new set of rims/wheels/rotors/calipers off of an '04 525 but can't get a straight answer if they will work on my 520?
    2) Also, does anyone know what's the going price for that set?
    3) Lastly, what other mods should I seriously consider for this ride to set the bike up right for road racing?
    i.e. is it necessary to revalve the stock forks/shock, or can the forks be adjusted down in the triple to lower front-end and be Ok?
    4) Sorry, now lastly. I am beginning to check myself, but laziness forces me to ask what WERA classes this bike is qualified for?

Thanks people.......

-Chris
    [email protected]

2. MotoMadman

MotoMadman Mr. Moto Riding

3. cullen33

cullen33 Mid Life Racing #169

Thanks man. I registered and will have a new source of info. How do you like the supermoto thing? How long into it? Anything special I should know getting started?

Thanks again!

4. MotoMadman

MotoMadman Mr. Moto Riding

Honestly, I haven't entered a real supermoto race. I've done a couple roadraces on the YZF, and I teach at Fasttrax with it. I just built mine last year. Bought a used bike, then converted it. The darned thing is a riot to ride. I hope to actually race it once or twice this year, I know I have a lot to learn about that style of riding. That's what will make it the most fun for me. PM me if you have any questions. Have fun.