1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

02 Gsxr 750 problem

Discussion in 'Tech' started by GSXRchick_750, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Gixxxxxxer

Gixxxxxxer Well-Known Member

compression would have nothing to do with it. all that will do is lower the horse power. it is nothing internal. it is electrical with either the STVA or the ECM, I know that for sure. if you swap the coils around you are going to have the cylinders out of firing order.. just causing more problems then you have originally. like i said, my 02 was working good until i wrecked at jennings, i drove it down the road to make sure the gears were right and then i heard the STVA go out, its not making the correct noise when it flutters and they are not opening correct. That is why i opened them manuall and safety wired them open to go ride it. it rides correct when you do that. you just have to remember if you try this solution to disconnect the STVA and safety wired them open about 25-45% and safety wire it open from both sides so they cannot come open or closed any extra.

2. cattitori

cattitori Code SuperBike Galactic *

Fuel filter and/or injectors. In many cases folks put too much of the "injector cleaner" in, thinking more is better. Unfortunately I've seen the cleaner eat out tank liners, o-rings, and all stuff that's not metal. Change your fuel filter first.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
  3. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Guys she has changed the throttle bodies several times

4. GSXRchick_750

GSXRchick_750 Member

I swaped out my tank with someone elses to see if it was the filter and the bike still ran the same with that tank...... nope didn't put to much injector cleaner in......so it cant be the fuel filter...... i bought a different emc and it still did the same....i even changed the coils and still the same..... got me what is wrong with it...it is a mystery......

Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
  5. GSXRchick_750

GSXRchick_750 Member

Yea i did and i dont think they all would be bad.....i even had ones off a bike that were working and it done the same exact thing it is still doing.....

6. Gixxxxxxer

Gixxxxxxer Well-Known Member

Ok, Here is a quick easy fix for 02's and similar. If you unplug both the STVA and its position sensor. Leave the both bolted up.. using the middle of the butterflys where the spring is. move them open about 25% or a little before it idles up. It will stay permanently in that position as long as your STVA gears arent stripped. You will get all your power back etc. I just did it to mine and have been riding it all day. Its doing great.