1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'01 GSXR600 gearing for VIR

Discussion in 'Tech' started by roy826ex, Apr 16, 2003.

1. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Since Barber was shot down we have decided to make the long trip up to VIR in May for the Cycle Jam weekend. I have never been there before so what is the preferred gearing for said bike.

Roy :)

2. BC61

BC61 Well-Known Member

16/46 works for me, your results may vary.:)

3. roy826ex

Thanks BC, do you think a 46 rear tooth sprocket will work with the 110 link 520 chain? BTW 110 links is the stock length. I know a 47 tooth rear won't work.

4. BC61

BC61 Well-Known Member

You'll have a very short wheel base but 110 will work.

5. roy826ex

Yea that is what I figured. It is pretty short stock. I've always had to remove the rear axle in order to get the chain over the stock 45 tooth rear. I'll probably just run it stock there but I appreciate the insight.;)

6. Eddie845

Eddie845 E-LO FRM THE BLOCK

Glad you gonna make it. :clap:

7. roy826ex

Eddie do you camp or motel it? Suzi is not a camper at the track so we'll need a motel, got any suggestions?

BTW what gearing are you going to run up there?

8. Eddie845

Eddie845 E-LO FRM THE BLOCK

I camped last year. I don't really know where the hotels are. The main town is about 10 miles or so. If you happen to camp, bring your space heater and jacket, it gets cold at night. Are you making a lay-over in Atlanta on your way there ? :D Gates are open 24hrs:D

9. roy826ex

Eddie, we will be doing the whole trip in one day. Map says 12 hour drive. Definetly need motel though. We still have a month to get it together.

10. Validator

Validator Andrew Baynard

I was told South Boston is closer than Danville. I was eyeing a new Holiday Inn Express in South Boston but they are now BOOKED UP! I went ahead and got a room at Days Inn South Boston about 9 miles away. Lots of rooms in Danville but are a little farther away.

11. BC61

BC61 Well-Known Member

Danville is a little closer.