1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'01 GSXR 1000 Triples - Compatibility

Discussion in 'Tech' started by DVS, Jun 23, 2010.

1. DVS

DVS Well-Known Member

Hey all, posting this up for a bud that crashed out at a local track. Trying to get him back up for June 28 and 29 at Mid-Ohio.

Does anyone know if which years the '01 1000 triples are compatible with? I think it's compatible between the '00 and '02 1000 but online microfiches oddly enough, doesn't list the '00 GSXR 1000 so can't find out for sure.

2. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

The 1000 was introduced in 2001. I am certain that you would have terrible luck finding any fiche showing parts for a 2000 GSXR 1000.

3. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Yep... Cross reference the TL1000R's as well.... I think they are the same...

4. DVS

DVS Well-Known Member

Hmmmm..... sorts of explains it. LOL, learn something new everyday. Oddly enough I thought of that possibility and then did a quick google for 2000 GSXR 1000 and came up with some hits. Didn't research it any further so just "assumed". Yeah, yeah I know what they say "Never assume....."

Thanks for the cross reference to the TL. Good point.

5. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

The TL should be the same as the SRAD and the 'Busa, which is a little different than the K Models. I have 2001 1000 forks on my SRAD 600, and the frame has steering stops welded on as well as some other differences. Plus the spacing on the forks is different from SRAD to K Models. I think that the 1000 is its own animal, not really cross-compatible with other models. Check the 2003 model, there is a slim chance that the triples are the same. But not the same with the SRAD models (including the 'Busa and TLR).

6. DVS

DVS Well-Known Member

Thanks for that, much appreciated. Now the hunt for something local continues.....

7. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

00-03 gsxr 750 uses same offset and spacing.
    TL, srad are wider, forks spaced apart more.
    03/04 gsxr one can be made to work with bushing since 03/04 has bigger OD stem.

8. DVS

DVS Well-Known Member

I had a feeling I posted up in the right forum, thanks!

So '00 to '03 750s too, excellent!

I believe my buddy found one in Nova Scotia and is having it shipped overnight. I'll pass this on and have him do a search if that falls through.

9. busa4

busa4 Well-Known Member

00-03 750
    04-05 600/750
    01-06 1000

all these bikes use the same front wheel spacing and the same lower tree.