1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'01 gsxr 1000 running lights

Discussion in 'Tech' started by D-Nice, Jun 10, 2005.

1. D-Nice

D-Nice Well-Known Member

The running lights on my street bike, '01 gsxr 1000, are not working but when I hit the brake lights, they come on. I do not know why. I can't find a fuse for the running lights. Just looking for a few suggestions.

Thanks
    D

2. 976-FIZR

976-FIZR In transition...

Are you talking about the front or rear marker lights? Because your blinkers on the rear of the bike don't act as maker lights, only the front blinkers stay lit while the bike is running. If you're saying the rear blinkers light up when you hit the brakes, then I'm not sure what the problem is, but that's not natural either. There are kits that will do that for you (I had such a kit on my Electra Glide), but you've got to change the amber lights to red to make it street legal.

-HJK

3. D-Nice

D-Nice Well-Known Member

No I'm talking about the rear running light/brake light. That is always supposed to be lit when the bike is on and get brighter when the brakes are applied. It only comes on now when the brakes are applied.

4. KTFO

KTFO Banned

change the bulbs. there are 2 different filaments for running and brake lights. its possible both bulbs burnt the tail filament and not the brake filament.

5. GSXR600

GSXR600 Well-Known Member

Either your bulbs or the one power wire. There is a constant power that goes to them.