1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'00 SV Race Questions?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by gillianthree, Dec 12, 2005.

1. gillianthree

gillianthree Well-Known Member

I currently run a '00 SV650 with Fasttrax up at Nelson Ledges. I want to try a few WERA events next summer. Fasttrax does not require a belly pan and I really don't want to invest in a set of full skins. Who makes a belly pan for the naked SV's that is WERA legal? What about the "mats" that supermoto bikes run? Who makes those? Also my engine is bone stock; however, my bike is not super stock legal, missing light controls, after market tach, modified wiring harness (all I stripped out was the lighting circuits and ignition switch) etc..Does tech check for class rules or just safety? I don't imagine I will win a race (or even place) for that matter so can I still run is SS and wait to be protested? Is there any other class I can run in? Is there somewhere between Cleveland and Pittsburgh I can get my bike "TECHED", I mean look it over before I show up at the first race of the season to avoid any surprises! Is WERA leanent when it comes to new racers, I mean will they "Let me run today but have if fixed by the next race" as long as it isn't a safety concern......Thanks in [email protected]

2. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

I see a few guys that use a 5 quart turkey roasting pan with no issues.

WERA tech checks for safety items, check the rule book for requirements. You might hear from tech about your numbers or numberplates if the scorers have trouble reading them.

Your bike would be legal for the superbike based classes. You really wouldn't feel good about yourself if you knowingly entered an illegal bike in a SS race would you?

Read and know the requirements for passing tech in the rulebook. It really shouldn't be that much different from what you already do for running at Nelson. Besides, you have all winter to get it right.

I know there are a bunch of galley plugs on that motor that need secured, and guys from other clubs are usually surprised about needing to secure their brake pad pins.

I'm sure other guys smarter than me will be along to fill you in on the stuff I missed. Don't stress about it, running WERA is fun.