1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

00 GSXR 750 Problem

Discussion in 'Tech' started by bikejunky, Aug 28, 2004.

1. bikejunky

bikejunky Well-Known Member

I am having problems with my 00 GSXR 750. When I turn the bike on and the fuel pump runs and it goes through all of it's speedo calibration or what ever it does, I get a loud chattering. It sounds maybe like the fuel pump is clicking really fast. Also, my FI light stays on all the time. I don't know is anyone else has had a similar problem or if it is a simple fix. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Jeff

2. kmfegan

kmfegan Well-Known Member

Check the cables on the STV.

If the cables look all right check the adjustment.

Keep an eye on the cables even if they look OK.

3. bikejunky

Fuel pump

Could it be the fuel pump going out? I checked the cables and there isn't anything blatantly wrong.

Jeff

4. kmfegan

How does the bike run?

I just worked on a the same bike that had been doing the same thing as you described and I couldn't find anything wrong with it. Finally one of the cable for the STV frayed and I replaced it and everything was fine.

5. Gumby647

Gumby647 Señor Member

Why not jump the two wires on the white plug at the abck of the bike and tell us what the code is? I'm pretty sure it's not you fuel pump since the fuel pump won't throw a code.

I'm sure kmfegan is right, the problem is with the secondary butterflies but if you can give the code we'll know for sure.

6. kmfegan

Duh, I don't know why I didn't tell him to do that.

With the bike I just worked on the FI light was on but when you jumped the connector it showed no trouble codes.

7. Gumby647

Gumby647 Señor Member

Did you jump the wires while the FI light was on or did you jump the wires and then turn on the ignition? I think that when you jump the wires it puts the servo in a cable adjustment mode and won't code for the servo.

8. bikejunky

Further inspection

OK, I just got this bike and it is my first gixxer. I am really lost with all of the acronyms (STV, ABCK). I played around with it a little more and found the clicking is coming from the black box on the right side of the frame behind the engine. It looks like the throttle cables are attached to it some how. Is this the actuator? This is the box that is clicking when I turn the key on. I checked all the connections and they seem good with no frayed wires or damage anywhere. Should I just replace the box (if you two are kind enough to verify what it is?)

As for error codes, I don't have any equipment to read the error codes unless they display on the gauges. I apologies for not being up to speed with the bike but I really do appreciate all the help and guidance you guys have given me. The bike does run fine but the loud clicking has me a bit nervous. Thanks again for all you help and guidance.

9. kmfegan

I inserted a paper clip to jump the wires with the key off and then turned the key on and it showed no codes.

STV = Secondary Throttle Valve. Suzuki uses two sets of throttle blades. The lower set is controlled by the throttle. The upper set is operated by that black box on the right side you mentioned, it receives "instructions" from the ECU on when and how much to open/close them based on RPM, throttle position, etc.

I think the cables stretch before they fray and brake. I would check for codes first by finding the connector in the rear of the bike and jumping the two wires and turning the key on. The code will appear on the dash as c--.

Let us know what happens when you do that?

Last edited: Aug 29, 2004
  10. Gumby647

Gumby647 Señor Member

Sorry, "abck" was just me trying to type back. :D

You should jump the wires while the ignition is on and the FI light is on.

11. HFD1Motorsports

HFD1Motorsports BIKE TUNA

Jumping the wires and turning the key on checks the tps...I.E. Throttle Postion Sensor. The black box with the cables is the Secondary throttle system it should be a code 28

12. bikejunky

well

Well After I got home from a ride yesterday everning I took another look under the tank and found on the the cables totally apart. The top cable wasn't connected at all in the top. So I bet that is my problem. The part number on the cable is 2-35f 0B09. Is this the suzuki part number? Where is the best and fastest place to order?

And for the last question...

Once the new cables are installed, how should they be adjusted? Thanks again for all your help.

Jeff