1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

♪♪ "...But our minds won't really be blown

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by james walker, Jul 17, 2013.

1. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

like the blow that'll getcha
    When you get your picture
    on the cover of the ‪Rollin'stone‬..." ♪♪

[​IMG]

i'd have put Zimmerman on the cover before this little turd.

2. Tinfoil hat charly

Tinfoil hat charly Well-Known Member

3. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

4. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Rolling Stone is a magazine run by anti American left wing know nothing assholes for consumption by their own kind. I do read it when I get a chance because I like music, but I skip everything else. We should set free the cute little bastard. Set him free into Harvard Square with several days warning to the public as to when and where he'll be released. He'll be torn limb from limb and experience what his victims felt. Fuck that piece of shit and anyone who supports him.

5. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

simply disgraceful....is this what is really acceptable by the Hollywood liberals these days. America is so doomed if we don't harden the phuck up...

6. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Not entirely sure what the problem is.

Is RS supporting the kid?

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

The description on the cover describes him as a monster. Not sure that equals support. I feel like there is a discussion to be had here: the factors that lead an otherwise intelligent kid with a future to become a terrorist need to be addressed.

When he says they were set up, that's probably true on some level at least. Whether they were pawns in some massive government conspiracy or whether they were brainwashed, lied to, or otherwise manipulated by some zealot using islam as a means of control.

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I'm stunned. Stunned I tell you.

9. streetrocket22

streetrocket22 Well-Known Member

+1,000,000,000,000 he deserves an "eye for an eye" public punishment.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hey Walker, good reply, why delete it? Pussy! :D

As for Rollingstone, Hipsters anti censorship dorks will buy it and say that it needed to be done and Rollinstone is brave for doing it. No it didn't, no they aren't and I hope they lose millions on the issue and canceled subscriptions. Worthless shit wrapper.

11. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

That a simple picture trumps context?

With the reality TV watching crowd, it seems so...

12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Wow, suddenly you've discovered context?

13. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

And Mumbles jumps into the fray!

[​IMG]

14. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

All out of outrage! :D

15. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

That particular picture serves to glorify him. Their intent was to create a "conversation" (I hate that term) and controversy to sell their rag.

They could have put a montage of the faces of our fellow countrymen that the brothers ruthlessly murdered and butchered and still discussed the exact same topic.

Putting his face on the cover of a magazine dedicated to celebrating Western pop culture serves to glorify him and give him attention he doesn't deserve. I perfectly understand the context. They want to shock and be daring. They're acting in the finest tradition of yellow journalism. I know Rolling Stone's M.O. It will be a typical piece of liberal apologism discussing why America is ultimately responsible for the horrific acts that these scum committed.

FYI, the only reality TV I watch is MotoGP.

16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Yup.

Proof positive of the lengths people will go to get all butthurt over something (nothing??).

Please, let the hand-wringing continue. :rolleyes:

17. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

Why do people feel we need to "understand" why people turn to radical Muslims or how the radical Muslim movement started. Does the majority of America really have their heads that far up their asses. When a "religion" sanctions the killing of children, reduces women to property, and encourages the killing of infidels (all well documented) people need to stop trying to understand "it", call it what it is and move to extinguish these beliefs.

These beliefs are held by 15-20% of the Muslim in the middle east and a much larger percentage of Muslims from those regions are at a minimum apathetic.

Please don't give me the crap about how we fuel the fires by our actions in this part of the world. Study the history and you will see that our "involvement" in the region is an excuse used by radicals to stoke the masses.

Regardless of the articles content the cover was certainly meant to glorify the shit bag in order to get shock exposure...disgraceful and shows you how irrelevant RS really is.

18. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Is how some arrive at the conclusion that they are better than you!:Poke:

19. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Oh good effin' grief. It's a stock picture of the idiot from what is available.

Would the TV reality crowd have preferred that RS photoshopped some prison bars in front of him? Put him in orange overalls to make it obvious he's a misguided kid? A black hat like in the old movies?...

This reaction against this RS rag is stunningly idiotic.

20. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:up:

The sad thing is there are people weak minded enough to be influenced by that picture. At the end of the day the Rolling Stone is well within their rights to put whoever they want on the cover. If it offends you do not buy the magazine.