1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

‘00 Suburban LT 2500 (Gas) vs. ‘01 Excursion Limited (Diesel)

Discussion in 'General' started by Gecko, Oct 13, 2009.

1. 6_Myles

6_Myles Well-Known Member

I wanna say its around $4300-4600 but you have to drive to their shop.

2. klebs01

klebs01 Well-Known Member

3. 6_Myles

Wow, they have gone up in price. They were $510 when I got them 3 years ago.

Used ones can be found cheaper, but you will have to find two of them and then see which connector you have (round or square).

4. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

6. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

To keep 460 bucks in my pocket I'll even wear a fanny pack.

:D

7. Gecko

Gecko Well-Known Member

Unlimited mileage warranty, reasonably (I guess) priced ... that's great info ... but Arkansas? Damn ... I'm in CT. I wonder if the $4k includes room and board while you wait....

Thanks for the mirror info too ... the first site had a "how to" in pdf format that I snagged. :up:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
  8. 6_Myles

If you show up at 8am he will have you back on the road after lunch, so you can always cannonball it with a couple of friends, sleep in his lounge and then cannonball back! Atleast that's my plan when mine goes.

He will ship it to anywhere in the US but then you have to pay someone to install it.

9. transman

transman Well-Known Member

It seems to help them last if you don't go back with dex-cool. Just put old green anti-freeze back. Dex-cool sucks majorly.

10. transman

transman Well-Known Member

It's the only tranny i know of that ford would put behind a diesel. It's a great transmission. It just has it's problems like all of them. the old version is called an E4OD. 2500's come both ways. on a 4l60 the main connector will be vertical and on a 4l80 it sticks out the side horizonally. th3 4l60 pan is also flat and basically a rectsngle. on an 80 the corners are chopped off on the back.

11. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

That's good to know, swapped to green last time around.