1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP!! With 600rr front end!!

Discussion in 'Tech' started by t_furgeson, Sep 8, 2005.

1. Brian129

Brian129 Too many projects

uhh please explain

sounds like your problem right there

2. t_furgeson

t_furgeson Well-Known Member

3. all4sale

all4sale Well-Known Member

I agree. Your'e still using the same rotors. I'd swap em out.

like i said, if you're sure you secured each rotor evenly, then i'd do the buy an ebay wheel thing.

see if you buy the wheel.. and it doens't solve the problem.. eventually you'll find someone to sell it too... possibly at profit.

fix your problem, make a profit. sounds good ot me.

4. t_furgeson

the rotors are not warped att all though, they were resurfaced, and the problem is exactly the same

5. all4sale

how were they checked?

6. t_furgeson

the guy uses a rolling micrometer, resurfaces them with this big machine and then mic's them again. One was out .015 and the other .008. Now they are both within .002

7. all4sale

ok..

two things come to mind.. guess you're right about the wheel bearings..

but before you blame them, one last thing,

are you tightening the axle to the correct torque as proscribed in the manual?

8. t_furgeson

Yes, plus the problem was going on before the wheel had ever been removed from the bike

9. all4sale

LOL well you've tried everything but the bearings, what do you need us for? lol

j/k keep us up to date on what you find.

10. t_furgeson

Thanks for all the help. I posted on 600rr.net to see if anyone would swap wheels with me for a test ride. Gonna order bearings on Monday.

11. all4sale

just curious, was the bike dropped ever?

and i'm assuming no extended warranty

12. t_furgeson

only once when she parked on an incline. that was about 2000 miles ago and the problem is new.

13. all4sale

no problem. at least i tried. probably better off finding someone from wera who will... unless there are lot of people over there who have spares.. I'm just assuming it's majorly street bike owners who only have one set of wheels, and they are mounted. Most people aren't THAT friend lol

14. all4sale

oh yea, don't forget to inspect the brack calipers and pads..

15. t_furgeson

I cleaned them up, she doesnt hardly ever use the rear, and if I apply it at high speed-no vibration.

16. RockRocks

RockRocks head goober

What kind of tire are you running - check its tread! The front tire could be cupped. This means the tread height is higher on one side of the rain groove than it is on the other.

This cupping happens due to braking forces, mostly on street tires as they have lots more miles for the condition to develop and worsen. Anyway, I think this is an area to check for sure.

edit: just caught that you changed the tire. again what brand/model/condition/miles? and is the current tire new or not? if its new, this suggestion is most likely moot.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2005
  17. t_furgeson

Its a brand new BT-014, had the same problem with the old tire.

18. t_furgeson

Many many thanks to Racer45! He loaned me his wheel and after a few different test I found out that it was the first thing I thought it was the rotors. The gentlemen that resurfaced them told me that he does a lot of work for WERA members so I figured he had them dialed in for me. Well, I talked to him today and he wants another chance with the rotors, in the meantime I bought a set off of EBay to use. Thanks for all the help gentlemen. I will keep ya posted.

19. Yah I guess we all assumed he did them right. Sounds to me like he took to much off at once, and as they cooled they got out of shape. It could have also made a hard spot causing the braking issue. Was it a vibration or did it feel more like it was pulsing. If it was more of a pulsing or described as a pulsing I would have gone with the rotors right off as others would have too lol. Anyway, glad someone gave you a wheel to try so your wife could make the trackday. Have fun.

20. t_furgeson

Yea, it was a pulsation, I thought it was rotors also. Live and learn.
    Thanks for all the help!!
    Brian