Temptation

Discussion in 'General' started by dtalbott, Aug 12, 2005.

1. RoastedRumpTard

RoastedRumpTard Well-Known Member

Anybody check out the tax rates. PA highest in the nation for diesel and 5th highest for gas, in '03 at least.
    No wonder they can finally fix the crap roads we have.
    Nice for all the truck traffic going into and out of the northeast, too.

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I've been driving to the office and getting one of the company vehichles. Today was a white E350 Diesel work van.
    How is this cheaper? Well, I go get petty cash and throw gas in whatever and drive off. So what if I stop by Home Depot, the grocery store, Tower Records or my house in it? :D

Beats burning gas in my car and general wear and tear. :D

3. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

:tut: :tut: :tut: :tut:

4. 418

418 Expert #59

I think tooling around on Bandit 400, streetfighter style, scaring the pants off little kids, and seeing fear in the eyes minivan drivers, could produce some good times.

I try to do that with my car now, but it's allot more expensive... :D

5. scotth

scotth Banned

I'm getting desperate enough to consider going gay:

80 m.p.g.

I'm secure in my manhood an' all that...but maybe not that secure. still, somebody has a dragstar they wanna sell, drop me a line. that'd be cool enough to show up on at the office.

6. rcrgirl84

rcrgirl84 Danger Kitty!!

I can go on the bike (97 GSXR 750) 2 days to and from work - about $10.00 to fill.

I can go in the car (01 Impala) 3 days to and from work - about $35.00 to fill

I travel from Delaware to King of Prussia, PA - about 45 miles each way.

I'll take the cut in costs anywhere I can take it. Even if I have to sweat through 90 - 100 degree weather.

7. Moonpie

Moonpie Yo Yo Yo!

I have seriously considered just riding a bike...my wife and I have a car paid in full. The Avalanche just sits due to gas prices....not that I can't pay it.....not that I hate Bush like some of you liberal don't know shit about shit people:)D ).....I just don't want to pay it.

I am lucky enough to own two bikes...but I may sell one and throw Heli bars on the 10R and ride that sucker everywhere!

8. dgr29/291

dgr29/291 Well-Known Member

Get a jetta diesel,sporty and 40+ miles to gallon!

9. I drive a TDI JEtta, at 45-50mpg doesn't bother me that much. I do take the Zuma up town when doing running around though.

10. T.Augie

T.Augie Well-Known Member

I drive 96 miles one way to work and hoping for a transfer from cincinnati to louisville shortly. Even though it reduces my locality pay by 3% it makes up for the over 7000.00 per year I pay in gas and up keep on my car (97 Honda Accord). The government was supposed to transfer me almost three years ago. UH!! I just keep driving....

11. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Were you born obnoxious, or did you have specialized training?

12. 418

418 Expert #59

:D

13. Jugglenutz

Jugglenutz Well-Known Member

Talbotts kids don't wear shoes:Poke:

14. dtalbott

They do now.

15. Jugglenutz

Jugglenutz Well-Known Member

The new nike plastic bags? :D

16. dtalbott

New Balance, Sir.

17. D4DR racing

D4DR racing Well-Known Member

I sold all my rat bikes and bought a new GSXR 600 which I set up so I can swap plastic and do dual duty with it. We live across the street from the kids school so that solves that problem. I'm a PhD student so i'm not THAT broke but parking at UGA is a Bi**H. The closet car lot I can get into is 3 blocks away but the closest MC parking is about 12 feet from my office door.

But get this... my wife wants me to teach her to ride with the pit/vintage bike and buy her a bike to get back and forth with. So I'm gonna get her a Rebel for Xmas. It'll pay for itself in a year figuring that her van gets about 11 MPG. We fill it every 4 or 5 days for $38 bucks. I fill the bike once a week for $8.

18. Thumper

Thumper Saved by Grace

My FZR 400 is pulling double duty now. I've got a quick change setup so I can go from street to track in about 10 minutes. I'll probably be looking for a small dirt/street bike soon. I don't like the thought of missing a track day or race because the bike got damaged or in need of something due to excessive street miles. I don't like heat cycling the rain tires either (DOTs). I rode the slicks to work a few weeks ago because I didn't have time to swap them out and I got a laugh at all the people comeing up to me saying that I really needed new tires. I told them that those only had about 50 miles on them. I needed a camera for the looks I got.

19. tattoo guy

tattoo guy Pimpus Maximus

Still riding my Ascot everyday. 46mpg on average around town. Could be a cool Clubman bike but as gas prices go up I think it will stay a street bike!