Jay Leno

Discussion in 'General' started by tonybrownphoto, Aug 3, 2005.

1. aagab

aagab Well-Known Member

"I hate all you guys from KY .

Your all fast as hell
    You like to keep me up drinking all night
    Talk me into doing stupid crap"

Everyone is good at something:beer: :D

2. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

I thought they all did great...it was interesting to see how relaxed Nicky seemed compared to his podium interviews...where his voice was shaking...

Since the USGP win was such a glaring omission, I surmised they weren't able to get the proper licenses or whatever to show the footage...but I don't understand why they didn't at least mention it...

Kate Hudson said she had to go to a premiere...

3. LAR

LAR Well-Known Member

I think the fact that they were on there was awesome. It was almost like being in the twilight zone seeing motorcycle racing being discussed on a big show on NBC! I think the boys did a great job of representing the sport, and they all had a great sense of humor.

It could be worse...we could have had someone like Curtis Roberts on who is so poorly spoken, and never really has anything nice or interesting to say. I think the Hayden brothers could be the best thing that ever happened to motorcycle racing in the U.S. with all of the press that has been generated lately. I give all three of them big props! And Jay Leno props for having them on. :up:

4. R1ZOOM

R1ZOOM Well-Known Member

:stupid:

5. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Mongo: Evel Kneivel? (just a guess, and he's not really a racer) Second Guess: Steve McQueen

The boyz represented. Hey, someone in the Hayden camp is doing their job getting Nicky and the brothers air time and media coverage outside of the industry. This is good, people. :)

The most probable reason they didn't show any coverage of the GP event at Laguna was because they weren't granted permission by Dorna, the reason they showed the clips they did is beacause that is what the producers were given. Leno's a fan, and he probably wasn't happy with the clips either. I agree he shaould have mentioned Nicky's GP win, but time is short and sometimes things get over looked or pushed aside. Hopefully there will be more coverage in diverse media of MC racing in general in the near future.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I actually have no idea, just trying to get people to understand how huge this is for this sport. Between the Today show and the Tonight Show this is more exposure than ALL of the motorcycle racing on Speed gets in a year easily. And more importantly - to people who are not currently race fans.

I'm glad they showed what they did and didn't cover the MotoGP more - what good would MotoGP promotion do for racing in the US? The more coverage US racing gets the better.

7. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Exactly!:up:

8. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I thought it was a great showing by the three of them. They actually had some character, which isn't always the case in post race interviews.

Rog was funny as always. Nicky even threw in a joke or two, and Tommy wasn't bad himself.

The exposure was great. Agreed on not covering MotoGP - I thought the same thing. The producers logically wanted to show highlights of stuff happening in the US.

Only us racers would find stuff to nit-pick at.

9. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

Given the amount of time, I think Leno did well to explain what the Haydens do, and that there is a national series in the US. Remember, most viewers have NO IDEA what roadracing is, and MotoGP references would only have confused the majority of the (idtio) public.

10. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Yup, they're now the second most well known family from Owensborro.

11. buxton

buxton Southern Canadian

Who's the first?

12. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

The Waltrips (Darryl and Micheal, of NASCAR fame) are from Owensboro, KY.

Lots of racing blood in that town. Jeremy Mayfield (Also NASCAR) is from there as well.

13. Rich SmithMoore

Rich SmithMoore Well-Known Member

Their Mom forgot to tell them to tuck in their shirts.:eek:

14. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

And the wardrobe person who gave them those suit coats needs to find another profession.

15. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

does the 'superstar challenge' or whatever count? (mid 70's contest show).
    i saw gene romero get his ass kicked tryin' to climb a wall...poor guy couldn't pull himself off the ground.:confused:

16. xsr71x

xsr71x Old Member

The ribbing Rog took for his bicycle wreck had me rolling... SO you had a little incident with a bicycle...HOW FAST were you going???

The crash footage and Jay's synopsis was good too...You didn't get up to fast...where you counting your toes and fingers making sure everything was still attached?

Great interview...and Nicky's comment on the girls in Europe not reading people magazine was humorous as well!

17. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

Point taken. Hopefully lots of other journalists were watching. Three American brothers is a pretty easy sell.

18. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

Dean Adams agrees with you: Hayden TV: A Huge Step For Roadracing

"In late 1993, I asked motorbike fan Jay Leno if there was any chance that he could have then world champion Kevin Schwantz on The Tonight Show to talk about his world championship and GP racing. Leno asked his bosses, who, according to Leno, only wanted to know if Schwantz was a "jumper" like Evel Knievel and if he could perform those stunts on the show. If he could, they'd consider it. If not, then the answer was no."

:rolleyes: :D

19. LiveLikeYrDyin

LiveLikeYrDyin Well-Known Member

This was absolutely incredible for roadracing. All three brothers did an excellent job on national television. My wife and I thought it was fantastic when they got up on stage with Faith Hill. I think this was possibly the best positive exposure we could have received for our sport. There should be no complaints, especially after Jay Leno recommended our sport over ANY kind of car racing!!!

20. Rich SmithMoore

Rich SmithMoore Well-Known Member

Yeah, but the local paper will still call up and ask my son if he'll be racing his GSXR in the county fair motocross.:rolleyes: